Need help understanding your bill?
cocobeyez's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, August 14th, 2014 6:30 PM

AT&T CUSTOMER LOYALTY

I am writing today as the service upgrade information provided to me during a recent transaction was misleading and incorrect. On 7/9/14 I added a new line of service for my son. I asked the representative about a waiver for the activation fee and he advised once I received my statement, to call in to cst service and it would be waived. I was then transferred to the refurb department to complete my purchase and asked the same question, receiving the same response. Today 8/14/14 I called into customer service about my bill requesting a credit for the activation fee. The representative advised if its not written in the notes she could not give the credit. Neither prior representative made no mention of that need and as a customer I assume all conversation to be both recorder and notated accordingly to my account. I aslo requested to speak with a supervisor who was reluctant to issue the credit as well. I have been with AT&T for many years and have always preferred this service over many other carrier's. I am extremely upset in the misleading information and the decisions made by all parties I have discussed this issue with. As a rule of thumb most companies go above and beyond for the satisfaction if their customers. Had I'd known this was going to be an issue, I would have taken my service to a competitor. I don't believe a credit of an activation fee to be a grest deal for a company of your size to comply with. I am very disappointed and seriously considering eliminating my service.

Thank you,

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

10 years ago

@cocobeyez

Aww, let's figure this out before you go! After all, you said you do like AT&T, so this is plus for them to try to turn this around for you! Please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare (you can do this by going to your avatar at the top right comer of the page and selecting messages) Send them a quick PM to them who will assist you in anyway they can! They go above and beyond and they are not your regular CS reps. Good luck!! 🙂

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

10 years ago

@cocobeyez wrote:
I am writing today as the service upgrade information provided to me during a recent transaction was misleading and incorrect. On 7/9/14 I added a new line of service for my son. I asked the representative about a waiver for the activation fee and he advised once I received my statement, to call in to cst service and it would be waived. I was then transferred to the refurb department to complete my purchase and asked the same question, receiving the same response. Today 8/14/14 I called into customer service about my bill requesting a credit for the activation fee. The representative advised if its not written in the notes she could not give the credit. Neither prior representative made no mention of that need and as a customer I assume all conversation to be both recorder and notated accordingly to my account. I aslo requested to speak with a supervisor who was reluctant to issue the credit as well. I have been with AT&T for many years and have always preferred this service over many other carrier's. I am extremely upset in the misleading information and the decisions made by all parties I have discussed this issue with. As a rule of thumb most companies go above and beyond for the satisfaction if their customers. Had I'd known this was going to be an issue, I would have taken my service to a competitor. I don't believe a credit of an activation fee to be a grest deal for a company of your size to comply with. I am very disappointed and seriously considering eliminating my service.

Thank you,

I understand you are upset you feel you were misled.  However, think about what you were really asking for...an item for free.

Would you order a meal at a restaurant and ask for them to take the charge for dessert off the bill? What about at the supermarket...would you ask them to remove the charges for the milk?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.