Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
kelleydvnprt's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Nov 19, 2014 4:28 PM

AT&T Billing Mistakes

I have continuos issues with being over-charged every time I make a change to my plan.  Who can I talk to about AT&T's billing practices?  Is there somewhere to complain to?  The FCC? FTC? BBB?  Does it do any good?

Responses

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.6K Messages

6 years ago

Hello @kelleydvnprt 

I'm very sorry you're having some issues with your account. Our team will be happy to help you with that! Please send us a private message by clicking here. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
slyfielj

Scholar

• 

150 Messages

6 years ago

In September, I changed my plan from the 10 GB to the 15 GB (now 30 GB because of the promotional offer).  I chose to make it effective IMMEDIATELY rather than wait for the next billing cycle.  The plan difference is only $30.  Yet, I was charged $60 extra this month.

Why would they lie to me?

Well, they weren't lying.  For my October bill, which covers usage from Sept. 28-October 27, I only paid for the 10 GB plan, and not the 30 GB plan.  So that means that I owe them $30 for that month.  That $30 is rolled over to the November bill.  Since my ongoing plan is now $30 higher to begin with, I had sticker shock (ok, not shock since i expected it) when i saw it $60 higher.  

What if I go back to the 15 GB plan (they increased the 10 GB to 15)?  Well, same thing, only the opposite.  My monthly bill would go down $30 each month, but since I still pay the full amount the current bill, I paid $30 more than I should have.  So the following month, I would owe $30 less than my expected ongoing amount.

Get started...

Ask a new question