Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
ditto555's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Feb 17, 2015 5:55 PM

ATT billing and customer service

I have proof that ATT has drafted money from both my bank account and debit card, sometimes four in a month.  I called ATT and they said they would not disconnect my cell until they researched my account.  I sent them copies of my bank statement, a ledger of all payments deducted from my bank account and a letter from ATT saying they would stop all auto drafts.

The disconnected the service Monday even though one of their customer reps said they wouldn't and I can't get my money back or the service turned on.

Responses

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 y ago

@ditto555

This is an interesting situation and an unfortunate one at that.  The first question I will ask is have you checked to see if the money drafted from the bank was rejected or returned?  Not trying to put your business out there, but typically a draft is usually on hold until it clears, so if you spoke with the agent while it was still in hold there is a possibility that they could not see the payment.  If your service got disconnected do some backwards planning and see if the money indeed was pulled from your account or see if the funds were not removed due to NSF's, or what not.  If the funds were taken then have your bank produce a memo on their letter head stating that the funds were taken from your account and fax it or digitally send it to the customer care center.  This should provide a service reconnect, however you may incur a penalty for the reconnect unless you can provide the mistake on AT&T's side. 

The only other thing that could have happened is if you are past due on payments and the payments you did send in did not completely stop the past due amount.  This in turn would mean that the funds would not get returned and that your service would still be off.  My advice is to first contact ATT to find out where the disconnect is, and then go from there. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 y ago

That will not work. ATT has my bank statement and they said yesterday since
all the monies taken weren't posted to my wireless account they won't
reconnect. They expect me to track down the money from ATT myself. The
thing is, they signed an authorization saying they wouldn't auto draft any
funds from my account. They are common thieves.

Judy [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ATTMobilityCare

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

6 y ago

Hey there @ditto555

This sounds like an unusual situation! I’d be happy to help! Please send me a private message by Clicking Here with the following information, and I will investigate to find a solution!

• Full name
  • Email address
  • Cell and/or account number
  • Dates of payments

Thanks,

Charise

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 y ago

Judy or ditto555 whichever you prefer to go by, I seem to be somewhat disconnected from a couple of things;

One if ATT does not have the money then who does? Or if it got posted to another account then you would need to contact your bank; ultimately the bank has to give you the information on where that money was sent to regardless of consent to allow ACH transactions.  That is in line with the FDIC insurance banks cover and they are bound to law to ensure that money being sent is legitimately set up and not just being given away.  If you authorized ATT to do autopayments from your bank then ATT is the only one that can take those payments at that amount.  The real mystery is that if the money didnt post to your account with ATT then where did it go? 

Now the second part is where I get lost at, because the money is not in your account, but yet is was taken from the bank?  It seems there is a huge communication error that needs to be worked out.  However, I would first start with calling your bank and finding out exactly where that money went to, and then if there is a letter of authorization dated before the money was sent then you may have some ground to stand on, but yes you need to do your homework on tracking down the money, your bank will do that since it is their job, but you need to take these steps first and then worry about service reconnection. 

clschake

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

6 y ago

I've been trying ATT & t-mobile with 2 sims. both are charging me for the day's calls/ text even if I have one of the sims turned off. 
I'm begining to think we all need to go back to land lines and phone booths... 
I came to community boards to see how many are getting ripped off, and both community boards are filled with things like this. 
I hope you get them to straighten it out, and I'm so glad I took the prepay option and no auto drafts.
I also have an account that I keep only a small amount of funds in to use as my credit card on things like this so they can't take any more then I want them to.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

I don't know if this was resolved, but there seems to be an AT&T imposter called "ATT Billing" that scams your info and posts it to your source of payment [bank or credit card]  This just happened to me and I did call AT&T and they say this is NOT them.  That their's will state AT&T VESTA.  NOT AT&T billing.

Get started...

Ask a new question