Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Crystalkelso68's profile

1 Message

Thursday, August 24th, 2023 1:28 AM

At&t Bill Sky High

My son is a teacher & we switched to AT&T & we've been lied to & told we would receive a "teacher appreciation" discount which we have yet to receive & we have been customers for about 4-5 months & our bill is sky high!!! When we call every single month to speak to someone. Nobody knows what they're doing. They put you on hold and make fun of you and laugh!!! This has been the absolute worst phone company. I've ever dealt with in my entire life. And I am definitely switching my service for cell phones along with my internet as well. Very disappointed, AT&T. You should really learn how to treat your customers much better. Losing business these days, don't seem to matter clearly! If you're going to switch, don't do AT&T, it'll be the worst mistake of your life. Today is August 23rd 2020 three, and I spent approximately 3 and a 1/2 hours this month alone. Calling customer service only for them to tell me that they can't help me after they lied to me and my son to get us to switch. And then once they get you to switch, They Rob you!!! I have a choice & I chose to take my business elsewhere! 

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.9K Messages

10 months ago

Is the bill in your son’s name?

Teacher Discount on Wireless Plans

TEACHER: Eligibility: Avail. to Kindergarten through post-secondary teachers, professors, and instructors. Must provide proof of eligibility. Acceptable forms of verification must be in the teacher’s name, demonstrate eligible position and be one of the following: unexpired employee ID, recent paystub from within last 30 days, employment letter within last 30 days, and/or state license/certification. Offer available only in select locations/channels. Customers accepting this offer certify they are permitted to under applicable law. Eligibility is subject to annual recertifications for teacher offers. Customers on certain offers may not be eligible. Other restr’s may apply. Credits/Discounts: Start w/in 3 bill cycles after service activation & eligibility confirmed. A one-time catch-up credit is applied for the time since customer met offer requirements, which does not change taxes. 25% off Wireless service discount Req’s qualifying AT&T Unlimited plan. Discount applied after the application of any available Autopay, and paperless bill discounts. Limits: No limits on the number of discounted lines on teacher wireless account. May not be stackable w/other offers, credits or discounts. AT&T reserves right to discontinue offer in select jurisdictions at any time in AT&T’s sole discretion. Offer not made as a solicitation of business from governmental agencies.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

10 months ago

IF the account is in your son's name, have them take proof of being a teacher into a corporate store and have them add the discount.

You can log in on your phone and ensure the discount is there before leaving the store.

Source:  I'm a teacher, and that's how I did it, and it appeared immediately on my account (I had to log out and log back in).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.