For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
dhspirate24's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Wednesday, July 9th, 2014 7:46 PM

AT&T Bill Complaint

I signed up for the 10 GB family share plan that has been advertised on TV for $160. I went to the store, upgraded my phone, brought a phone, got 2 new phones (one on the NEXT plan), and thought my bill would be around $200. The AT&T Representative at the store told me my first bill would be high for activation fees and then it will go down to $210 a month, therefore I wasn't shocked when it was around $325. Then I started receiving my regular bill at $310 instead of the $210. I have been researching T-Mobile and they will actually pay me to switch over to them and they will pay ETF. I am seriously thinking about this unless I can get my bill reduced down. Sorry for all the complaining, but I do not like being lied to.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hi There, 

Well you do know about the details right?You have to trade in all your devices to their company.Plus, I have had T-Mobile and lets just say i got 2G on my iPhone 5S 

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

10 years ago

Take your bill to the AT&T store and have them look at it. Maybe something is wrong or look at you will yourself and try to determine why the large charges. It should be, $160 plus the 2 next charges per month, plus the upgrade phone charge of $25 plus taxes and fees. It shouldn't add up to $310.

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

10 years ago

Well, the 160 plan is for phones that are out of contract, which is 15 dollars per phone that adds up to 160. A phone on next, you have to add in the monthly payment for that phone plus the 15 dollars for the monthly access. Phones on two year contracts are 40 dollars per line. So when you add all of this up with insurance plus taxes, thats about right. You can always choose to lower your data plan, and you will come out cheaper, thats if you have wifi at home. I have 4 lines on my account with the 300mb plan, three phones on next with insurance, and one phone thats going to be out of service in august, and my bill is 214.You can always check to see if your place of employment allows you to gt a discount as well.

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

10 years ago

I also forgot to add in the 40 dollars for each (upgraded) phone, which would be the upgrade fees for phones on contracts.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

@everyusernameipickischosen wrote:
Well, the 160 plan is for phones that are out of contract, which is 15 dollars per phone that adds up to 160. A phone on next, you have to add in the monthly payment for that phone plus the 15 dollars for the monthly access. Phones on two year contracts are 40 dollars per line. So when you add all of this up with insurance plus taxes, thats about right. You can always choose to lower your data plan, and you will come out cheaper, thats if you have wifi at home. I have 4 lines on my account with the 300mb plan, three phones on next with insurance, and one phone thats going to be out of service in august, and my bill is 214.You can always check to see if your place of employment allows you to gt a discount as well.

i have 6 lines and a tablet with the wifes discount its about 210 a month for all those lines and 10 gigs of data.  The problem is that stores dont know how to inform the customers how the new plans work 

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

10 years ago

I understand that in some cases that the reps either dont know how to explain it or they just dont care. But a lot of these people dont take the time to read and do the math. Yes the reps should know everything about the company, but theres nothing wrong with doing the homework for yourself. Some of these people thought that the 160 meant the phones and the actual plan itself, when it shows on the tv ad what its for. So....

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

10 years ago

****They thought that 160 meant that they could go into at&t and get contract phones plus the plan, all for one price. And they thought that it didnt include tax.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

10 years ago

IF you would read the original post, he is complaining about MONTHS AFTER, his phone bill is still $310, not with the taxes for upgrades. By now his bill should have leveled off.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.