Need help understanding your bill?
T

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, January 29th, 2020 4:49 AM

Closed

ATT BAIT N SWITCH ON 3 PHONES, OUT $2350??? CLASS ACTION TIME!!!!!

Signed the family up for 4 lines 3 month ago.. eager sales girl told us that we will get $950 in credits on a note 10+ and $700 ea on 2 iphone 11's. The Xr was "free" . They required 3 trade ins, the gal ok'd our S7 actives x3 and we went on our way. Month later we get a bill for over $500 ... followed by a $350ish bill that had "credits" for waiving activation that she promised too. Next bill will be for full amount of phones again.... no credit,

The Store mgr said we never traded in phones, he has no record or proof..... then suddenly found store video of us handing the girl phones. He said it will be fine and the credits should be on next one and rest on out. Today we get 3 letters that they couldnt confirm promotion eligibility???? and have the phones listed by the part# .. .which we never gave the manager...and suddenly they have our phones and are giving us $40 instead? This is flat out bait n switch .... intersting that the gal is no longer there... [sure she was fired] .. we have emails from her verifying our phones will work for trade and that we will get the credits.

I need someone to actually respond that has a clue what to do here. The local staff is of no help at all.

• 

31 Messages

4 years ago

I am dealing with a similar problem, except we mailed our trade ins and we have conformation they were delivered. When I called, I was transferred 13 times. They tell me they cant find our trade ins. $2800 loss for us, plus loss of our trade ins. I made a complaint with the BBB and I am contacting my State AG office tomorrow. I have been dealing with this for three weeks. They are scam artists.

Employee

• 

797 Messages

4 years ago

Hello,

Contact the trade in center directly via (Phone number hidden) and check with your phone numbers tied to the trade ins to verify they say they see phones received. Call (Phone number hidden) customer care or chat through att.com or MyAt&t app and make sure you have when you signed up, what lines traded in what phones, what the promotion entailed and where you purchased (corporate or authorized or a retailer store). They can put ina ticket if they can find the qualifications.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

Escalate by filing an FCC or BBB complaint. The complaint will result in someone from corporate contacting you. If they can’t or won’t resolve, no one will.

• 

4 Messages

Called the store we got them from... now the manager is gone too???? New manager said she's had many people with the issue and can be "fixed" by the area mgr.... anyone believe her??? Meanwhile, I'm gettin bashed by the mrs over not picking Sprint... 4 free iph 11's.. no trades.. our friends did it and no issues...... figures.

• 

31 Messages

@tacojoy I filed a complaint with the BBB last night and now im in contact with the presidents office at AT&T. They are investigating it right now and my problem is very similar to yours.

• 

4 Messages

good to know.. ill be doing the same by friday if no action on the local front. Keep us informed! I have a (Edited per community guidelines) in austin that loves to do class actions and David vs Goliaths....

(edited)

• 

31 Messages

@tacojoy I will keep you up to date. I am all for a (Edited per community guidelines) (Edited per community guidelines) if we have to go that far. Thank You!

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

The new store mgr called me today and said she found the paperwork on my trades and they were worth $40ea etc... and after my 3rd bill if the credits arent there the area mgr will fix it?!?!?! I want to believe her... really.... but 3 $525 bills in a row til they get their crap together ?? Not my fault...why am I paying over 2x the agreed montly while its their screw up? If the do fix this, I better get a bucket of accessories or a bottle of scotch as a partin gift..

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I'm having the same issue right now. Can I be directed to anything that has been filed (BBB, FCC, (Edited per community guidelines), etc.) so far for this issue?

Thank you.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I'm in the same boat as you, except I did the trade-ins online and by mail. Now one of my phones is allegedly damaged (was sent in pristine condition), and the other 2 have disappeared into the black hole of uncertainty. Somehow, my account is also not eligible for promotions and rebates, even though I currently have them on 2 other lines on same account. I've spent 10+ hours getting transferred from 1 Philippino phone rep to another, and all they seem to train them to do is apologize profusely, and transfer to another rep who will apologize some more. Endless loop of useless puppets, hours of my life I will never get back, still $2350 poorer. Next call is to my attorney and a BBB complaint to follow. 

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Same exact thing here. Retailer looked at phone confirmed I would get a full $115 value for my iPhone 8 that was in perfect condition thus a $700 credit, I waited for an envelope from the trade in department and sent the phone in. I get word back that my phone was not the right model (retailer confirmed it was right) and the charging port was suddenly damaged (which it was not) they will only give me $18 for the phone. I told them this was unacceptable and to send me my phone back, they refuse. This is a total scam because they know I have no proof to counter their claims once the phone left my possession. I will be contacting the BBB and would love to get in on a (Edited per community guidelines) (Edited per community guidelines). This is costing me an additional $700 over what I was promised. &n(Edited per community guidelines)p;

I don’t even want to get into the (Edited per community guidelines) the retailer pulled to get me to change my accounts around to “Save me money” which is actually costing me way more monthly.

(edited)

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

The number they listed below is for a separate trade in department.  888-445-6005.  They are a third party and will not be able to help you.  i have called countless times to have this issue resolved and they tell you that only ATT can help.  And ATT will not help.  You will be lied to repeatedly because you do not have access to the recorded calls.  THIS IS A SCAM DO NOT DO THIS PROGRAM.  My heart goes out to the people that are elderly or not computer savy who do not have the knowledgebase to try and argue for their money.  i have not heard one successful story regarding this trade in program for a reason.  IT IS A SCAM. If anyone knows of a (Edited per community guidelines) pertaining to this, please let me know, i will donate.  i understand their litigation terms; however, lawyers can find their way around anything.  I will donate money to this cause.  Again the countless victims ATT has taken advantage of with this program with NO HLEP.  You will be told whatever the personnel on the other end of the phone wants to tell you and have no recourse when they lie because you will do not have access to the call history.  You will be told to take $350 to $250 and told "you wont get this offer again, do you want it or not".  If you decline they will basically cut you off and when you call back in refuse to help you.  The last representative i spoke with at the Trade in department was working his last day and he told me "it is a scam.  it is.  i a have seen so many people taken advantage of with this program.  it is designed to scam people.  i feel so bad for so many people."

LEAVE ATT AND GO TO STRAIGH TALK.  I KNOW IT IS MORE COMPLICATED TO SET UP IN THE BEGINNING BUT YOU WILL BE SO GLAD YOU DID.  DO NOT SUPPORT THIS ENTITY THAT SCAMS INNOCENT PEOPLE, ELDERLY, ETC.  YOU HAVE THE POWER TO DO SOMETHING AND EACH PERSON IS IMPORTANT.  LEAVE ATT DO NOT SUPPORT WHAT THEY DO. 

(edited)

• 

11 Messages

3 years ago

DO NOT WAIT TO FILE YOUR COMPLAINTS.  TAKE THE TIME TO DO IT. YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND PROTECT OTHERS.

FCC Federal Communications Commission:

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

Attorney General Contact for Consumer Complaints:

https://www.usa.gov/state-attorney-general

ATT uses Arbitration (Small Claims Court) to resolve issues:

Notice of Dispute (PDF, 247KB)

Arbitration Initiation (PDF, 185KB)

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same thing happened to me with mail in trades on three phones from November- still no credits and no help from anyone at att. 

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I did get my credit eventually. Filing with the BBB did the job. They immediately gave me my credit and asked me to close my claim. It all worked out in the end but I am furious that I had to do that to fix this problem.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.