Cyber Week Deals: Buy an eligible iPhone & get a FREE AT&T Charger!
Help for account, billing & more
N

• 

3 Messages

Sun, Feb 21, 2021 2:56 PM

AT&T Bait and Switch on Upgrade

Has anyone else experienced the old 'Bait and Switch' fraud that AT&T pulls when you accept a Trade In offer ?? I accepted one to trade in an older phone for a Samsung back in August 2020. After calling monthly and verifying the offer and the trade in, they did agree that had received the phone (Nov. 2020)  I traded in but it wasn't eligible for the free Samsung-this was NOT what I was told when I accepted the offer.

After 4 months of calling and being transferred multiple times with each call, they agreed to honor the trade and promised my account would be correct within 1 month - that was in December 2020. During January I called to get a status of the correction. I had to start all over with same process I was subjected too in Oct. Nov. Dec. .. only to be told the same thing I was told in Nov. There was no record of the call where I was told they would honor my understanding.  NOW I AM BACK AT GROUND ZERO. I finally disputed the card on my credit card but of course AT&T just charges it back ... PLEASE HELP.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

54.3K Messages

9 m ago

Escalate to corporate by filing an FCC or BBB complaint. 

• 

3 Messages

9 m ago

can you please tell me where online I can go to do this.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

54.3K Messages

9 m ago

Both have websites, just google either.

• 

3 Messages

9 m ago

Thank You.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.