Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
V

• 

1 Message

Fri, Jul 31, 2020 10:49 PM

AT and T Customer service changed my plan by mistake

During COVID19 when I usually work from home, I called AT and T to have them changed me to a less expensive, lower GB wireless plan. The representative mistakenly changed me to a lower GB BUT MORE EXPENSIVE plan.

I found out in my next billing cycle but they could not change me back to my previous plan as it was no longer available.

I called back many time but it has not been resolved. Today, 8005814741 hung up on me when I did not agree to subscribe to her offer with new phone. All I need was a monthly adjustment to the amount that I usually paid before they mistakenly changed it.

Responses

kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

2 months ago

Chances are, if you have an older plan, they did some data doubling for free on many accounts. Now, if you change your data plan, it may cost more for less data.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

42.1K Messages

2 months ago

Sorry to say but that’s what you get for not checking the plans online and changing it yourself. All of ATT’s plans and prices are online. It is easy to see if changing to a current plan is cheaper plus you can make the change yourself, no need to call. Once you give up an old plan, you can’t get it back. That’s the way it has always been.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

I’m  experiencing the same problem.  I just upgraded my iPhone at the At&T store. The guy who sold me the phone suggested me to change the plan for lower GB ‘implying’ it will save some $ and I never use up GB of current plan.  That was the end of June when current plan cycle started, then on 7/2 (within 5 days of the new cycle) I’ve reached on 75% of data cap and they slowed my data access.  Received the bill today it turns out the the guy changed my plan from 6GB/$45 to 3GB/$60... unbelievable...called At&T store to complain but they said the old plan was grand fathered- can’t switch back! This is just pure manipulation...and I believe it’s AT&T corporate wide effort to take away ‘deal’ plan from customers and change more for lower service.  I wonder if this violates any consumer protection law - I might look into it

Get started...

Ask a new question