Need help understanding your bill?
royzhang42's profile

1 Message

Thursday, February 29th, 2024 9:54 PM

Admit mistake but refuse refund in full!

I called AT&T support for something change earlier, the support guy wants our primary holder in China to approve it, he said he is going to issue an international pass, we don't have to pay for this call. When bill came in, I saw the 16min international call and charged $48.  I explained all situation to Sophia, she asked her manager and only agree $18 credits. It is understandable for missing communication to cause mistake, but it is not understandable to admit mistake and refuse to refund in full, I don't get the logic behind this.....

-Roy Z.

(Edited to remove personal information)

Former Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

2 months ago

This is a customer based public forum, not remove your personal information. Nobody here is going to contact you or give you credit for valid charges.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

2 months ago

There was no mistake, the first guy just told you that you'd get something that isn't real.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

2 months ago

I think there is more to this story.  A better explanation would help your case. 

International day pass covers someone who is using AT&T outside of the USA at the cost of $10 per day and allows them to use their domestic plan abroad.

It is not the same thing as long distance calls to a non-US number.  There is a different plan for $15 a month that would cover long distance calls.  

IDP roaming does not cover long distance and long distance does not cover roaming.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

2 months ago

This article explains both roaming plans versus long distance plans

https://www.att.com/international/long-distance/#c

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.