Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Dec 9, 2014 12:04 AM

Adding another iPhone

I currently have an individual plan and was going to switch to a family mobile share plan. I was wondering around about how much a month would cost for an iPhone 6 and an iphone 5s

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

GeekBoy

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

6 years ago

@Jxnsey wrote:
I currently have an individual plan and was going to switch to a family mobile share plan. I was wondering around about how much a month would cost for an iPhone 6 and an iphone 5s

If you are talking about the Mobile Share Value Plans, then your cost would be:

$40 - iPhone 5s talk & text

$40 - iPhone 6 talk & text

$20 - $375 - Data (depending upon which data plan you subscribe to)

$15 or $25 discount for each phone which is not under a 2 year service contract (exact discount depends upon your data plan chosen).

So, if you get a 128GB iPhone 6 using NEXT 18 (24 monthly installments) the NEXT payment is about $35/month (this is what I have).

If you get the 10/15GB data plan (10GB data plan currently gives you 5GB additional "free data") that will cost you $100/month.  If your iPhone 5s is off contract, and your iPHone 6 is via NEXT, you will get the $25/phone discount, so it would cost you:

$40 + $40 + $100 - $25 -$25 = $130 talk, text & data charges (plus taxes & fees)

Ontop of that, you would have your $35/mont NEXT installment, so you would be paying roughly $175/month ($165 plus taxes & fees), assuming your iPhone 5s is paid for and off contract.  This would give you unlimited talk & text on both iPhones plus 15 GB of data you can share between the two phones (with no per phone limit, all usage comes from the same pool).  Now my wife & I have 2 iPhone 6's (both 128GB) and 30GB of shared data, but we also get a 22% discount on out data so our bill runs about $210/month (taxes & fees included).  You can choose to go with lower data plans, but you get the lower off-contract discounts so that you really only save money if you get the 4GB plan or lower.

Now if you are talking about moving your Individual plan to a Family Talk plan (you can do this because you already have the account) you would pay $10 for adding the second phone to your shared minutes, plus $30 for 3GB of data plus unlimited texting ($20 if you don't have any texting now, or $30 for unlimited texting for all phones), but you would also be buying the phone contract subsidized so you would pay $199/$299/$399 up front and have a 2 year service commitment for the new phone.  This option may be cheaper for you, but it is hard to say.  For my wife & I, it cost us about the same price with the 2 phones under NEXT and the 10/15GB data plan as it did for us under the old Family Talk plan...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Get started...

Ask a new question