For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
ashley00814's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 29th, 2015 7:24 AM

Add a service to my plan without my consent

Recently purchase a non-contract no mobile carrier cell phone to use on one of our lines in at&t mobile plan.

At&t just added a $30 3G data plan on that line without my consent and any notice.

Call At&t to try to remove the service and reimburse me.

Their answers: it's our policy to add data plan serivce on smartphone lines, but there is another cheaper data plan which is $20 for 300M.

I ask: 1. My previous cell phone is a non-contract no mobile carrier smartphone as well, without any data plan.

2. You guys have 2 options, how come you just add the most expensive plan on my line which I didn't authorize. 

3. I just want to remove the service which I never authorize!!!

Their answers: the system cannot do not.

Can I just cancel all At&t service and change to another carrier?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

ATT just added a 30.00 3GB proplan to my acct.  I received a text message and an email twice stating that it was added. Our phones have never used data and we have had a block on all data on all phones. Cellular Data is also turned off. All our phones have gone past the 2 yr aggreement time so we are no longer on an contract. The first rep said thats the way it is and i have just been lucky for the previous 3 years that the system didnt catch my smartphone. So I asked for a Supervisor and he immediatly told me the acct doesnt show any data plan added on and that he sees that there is a data block on the phones. So hopefully, that will be the case. If not, ATT will be losing longtime customers. Our home phone for 25-30 years which we switched to a ATT home wireless acct last yr. And our cell phones for at least 15 YEARS!  

I have talked with cust service reps several times every year. Not one of them ever said anything to me about this and they knew we had smartphones. I am wondering about the ATT agreements we had when we got the acct and how that applies to now as well as the updated ATT agreements we have never seen or had sent to us. I suppose I should know these things. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

You can follow the link in the post before yours and read the full terms of service.  

You are required to have a data plan on smartphones unless you switch to a GoPhone plan.  GoPhone can pay as you go and you can turn data off if you want.

The computerized system identifies phones by their IMEI number.  It has identified your phones as smartphones and added the required data plan.  You can reduce the cost buy reducing your data plan to the minimum plan.  300 mb for $20 a month.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.