Need help understanding your bill?
K

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, August 2nd, 2020 9:38 PM

Access for 4G LTE

Two months ago I spoke with an AT&T representative about ways to save money.  He recommended a switch from the Unlimited Choice II plan to the Unlimited Starter plan on my wireless.  He promised a savings of $90.  However, on my next bill, the access fee for 4G LTE increased $20 per line, for an increase of $80!  This was NEVER disclosed to us.  Nobody seems able to stand behind his offer, nobody seems able or willing to revert to our original access fee with the new plan.  This feels like a bait and switch.  Why was I switched to this plan with this hidden fee increase?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

Are you looking at the customer service summary? If so, don’t. It is wrong because it doesn’t show any discounts. How many lines do you have? Unlimited Starter is $65/$120/$135/$140 depending on number of lines (with autopay discount). This is the advertised price on att.com. That is the only price anyone gets. If you were offered something different, you won’t get it. You will get the advertised price. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

4 years ago

Starter pricing:

1 line,  70 (plan) +40 (access) -10-35 (discount that doesn't show on the customer service summary) = $65

2 lines, 70+40+40-10-10-10 = $120.

3 lines,  70+40+40+40-10-10-10-25 = $135

4 lines,   70+40+40+40+40-10-10-10-10-50 = $140

5 lines,   70+40+40+40+40+40-10-10-10-10-10-70 = $150

Additional lines add $40-10 ($30 net) 

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I understand the billing and the charges per line.  I am frustrated with speaking to customer service reps who tell me a change in service will bring me savings, but then they don't disclose/don't know that the change requires an uptick in the access fee that will essentially leave me at net zero.  Why would I make any change in my service for no benefit?  I don't trust them when I call or chat that what they offer me will be what I see on my bill.  Then they are unable to stand behind what they have offered by simply saying, "Sorry you were misquoted" even when I have the chat transcript that proves what I was told.  In no other business are you allowed to quote to your customer and then not stand behind that quote.  It is a deceptive practice. 

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Does anyone who works for AT&T monitor this board?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

4 years ago

This is a customer populated Forum, it is very rare for anyone from AT&T to respond, especially on the weekends.

It does not matter that the access fee has gone up, because what matters is the total cost of plan and access fee together.   The plan costs are greatly reduced.  

If 4 lines are $160, it doesn't matter if $160 is $100 plan and $15 line access, or a $20 plan charge and 4 access charges of $35 each.  It's still $160.

Did you look at the price listing?  Are you already signed up for auto-pay and paperless billing which is a $10 per line credit on this plan?

Is the price in line with what you were told?

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Yes, the price is therefore the same as I had before the change in plan.  It has saved me nothing when I was told I would see a substantial savings on my final bill cost.  That is my frustration.  

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

4 years ago

Starter is only substantially cheaper if you are eligible for a teacher or other discount.  

It is slightly cheaper if you have between 4 and 7 lines. 

You also have to be on auto pay and paperless for the current prices. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.