Announcements
Learn how you can Preorder the iPhone 13 now!
Smarciniak's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Apr 12, 2016 12:36 PM

AARP discount

I am a member of AARP. Can I get a discount on my existing plan?

Responses

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.9K Messages

5 y ago

Hello @Smarciniak

I believe there is a discount for AARP members of 10% on qualifying plans and features and 15% on qualifying accessories. Our team will be happy to help you get it added to your account. Please send us a private message by clicking here. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

5 y ago

Hey there @Smarciniak!

You certainly can! Please take your AARP membership card to your local AT&T store and mention the AARP Discount Code 6039461.
Hope this helps!
Rachel A
AT&T Social Media Manager

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 y ago

I posted this same response in a different section / chat and thought I would put here too before signing off for the day..... ironically after writing this I started getting texts from ATT asking once again to rate my phone experiences on scale of 1 -10 ..... I think I have had enough of ATT right now........ Here is my copied response from other post in this site. Sorry to be such a cranky poster but I am annoyed of all my wasted time:

I see the professors answer on taking aarp card to store.... did not work so well for me in VT. After 2 hours of first trying the att chat online, and then speaking to someone on phone with no solution I drove an hour to the ATT store with my card and License and phone and sat there while the woman added my aarp for the discount told me not waiting period to go home click the link she emailed and I would all set.

Clicked the link supposedly all set ..apparantly not.

Next month called ATT on phone woman said could not make heads or tales that they put me in the wrong group and I was not getting any credit. Att store did it wrong I was told.

stayed on phone another 1/2 hour?? Set it all up again.  Woman gave me 20.00 credit for my hours of trouble and travel and gas.

2 bills later still not  appearing. No aarp credit.

Called ATT last night got man said he could see I am in program but credit not showing on my bill.

He transferred me over to a number that was not available.

I called back. Got another man who told me I had to sign up forr AARP program.

That I had to go to store.

REALLY:??  ...he then put me on hold and checked and said bill cycles run differently ahead behind whatever and hopefully it would appear by the next month and if not they would put me on a list to find out what happened - an inquiry or something.

He could not offer me any discount on this bill as I was given the special discount last bill for all my previous trouble.  HE then tried to sell me TV ATT program that would give me discounts over my cable company if I switched to ATT TV  ...once again... seriously ATT???

All this crap to try and save 4.00 a month??  My latest advice given from ATT phone was to wait until next bill cycle and see what happens.  

New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.