Announcements
Learn how you can Preorder the iPhone 13 now!
sugarcape's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Oct 9, 2015 10:51 PM

AARP Discount

I read in the AARP Bulletin that ATT will give a 10% discount on the monthly service charge of qualified wireless plans.  i currently have 2 Wireless Cell Phones, Home Phones (hard wired), ATT Internet plan and DirecTV.  How would I know whether my wireless plan is one that is qualified for a discount or not?  Thank you

Responses

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

6 y ago

Hi @sugarcape!

Please check out our AARP discount here:

www.att.com/AARPdiscount

To take advantage of this offer, please visit your local AT&T store with your AARP membership card and mention the AARP Discount Code 6039461.

Thanks!

Charise

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 y ago

Less than one month later on 11/8/15 the link page 'is NOT available'!!!

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

6 y ago

I just got the discount.  One needs the actual AARP membership card since they will not take the temporary card that AARP issues via their website or email as soon as you join.  You must go to an AT&T store, with your permanent card and your account passCODE (not password).  On the Next plan, you get 10% off the data portion of your bill.

Note that it takes AARP three to four weeks to mail you your permanent card after you join.  They send it out via bulk mail.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 y ago

I went into the att store four months ago. They took my license and aarp card to the back room then came out and said I would see the discount the next month. I have called att every month since and still no discount . I was told it was 20% and now being told 10 but still no discount. Att also told me my bill would be a lot lower than it is. Who do you believe nowadays? We are on ss and a budget.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

88.3K Messages

6 y ago

It has always been 10% on monthly usage fee.  I don't know if that is the line fee or data plan. 

Either way it a token discount.

New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.