Need help understanding your bill?
S

• 

20 Messages

Thursday, May 7th, 2020 2:26 AM

$700 off iPhone scam

About five months ago, I traded in a Pixel 3 and switched to AT&T. The trade-in was to qualify for $700 off an iPhone 11. I never got the promotional credit, and so far CS is telling me I don't qualify and I need to go to a store (impossible due to the pandemic). So not only did I not get the $700 for the new phone, I traded in a phone worth $500 and got literally nothing in return.

What kind of scam is this? I see from the forums I am not the only one. Any advice? Should I just file a BBB complaint? Notice of dispute?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 years ago

file a BBB complaint

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Did you ever get a resolution on this? They did the same thing to me and no resolution for me yet.

• 

19 Messages

3 years ago

It is always a good idea to communicate with the business in writing. If your complaint is not resolved, you have the option of filing a complaint with BBB and FTC and consulting with an attorney. 

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Where can I file a similar dispute with AT&T? I’ve been waiting 7 months for the credit for trade in and 7 calls and 9 hours of my time and they say they are still investigating my “case”!

• 

20 Messages

3 years ago

https://forums.att.com/conversations/wireless-billing/missing-promotional-credits/5edd098b6880ca7ad04d1bc1

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

3 years ago

@Timbalaya 

Read my first response.  If you don’t get a call and a fix that way, file a dispute.  If you didn’t meet requirements, you will not get credits.

https://www.att.com/help/notice-of-dispute/

• 

19 Messages

3 years ago

Hi, S A Cohen:  AT&T is doing a very poor job of processing traded phones and issuing credits in a timely manner.  One of the most important things is to make sure to return the phone fully secured which means not in the pouch they send in the so-called return kit. If your phone was delivered to their warehouse, it should have been processed. It takes at least three billing cycles for the credit to show up.  For example, if your phone was in mint condition and you were promised a credit of $700, divide that by 24. Your monthly credit should be $29.16 cents applied retroactively to day one.  

If you have proof of delivery, then you must insist that they issue those credits. Generally, they send a text message or an email to let you know that the phone was received and was being appraised. 

I am receiving credits for five phones. However, one of them has not been processed due to an error on their part. I am having this pending issue resolved. As of today, they owe me $93.36 unpaid credits and then $11.67 per month moving forward for the remaining 16 months. 

Do not give up. Keep contacting them until such time that your monthly credits are processed.

BBB won't be able to resolve your dispute.  You may have to contact your local TV and speak with an Investigative Reporter who will speak with AT&T regarding your complaint if AT&T fails to issue the credits. 

Good luck. 

• 

20 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks, I straightened this out a while ago. This is how I did it:

https://forums.att.com/conversations/wireless-billing/missing-promotional-credits/5edd098b6880ca7ad04d1bc1

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

3 years ago

@EdKass

AT&T does not have a 24 month installment  anymore.  You either have 30 or 36.  Check your bill. 

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Pretty much any of these great “deals” are great for the company offering it, but rarely benefits the person trying to take advantage of it. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.