Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
legends92

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

Wed, Mar 6, 2019 9:43 PM

41% in fees and taxes for one line

I just switched over to AT&T Unlimited & More Premium plan for one line. 

Received the following emails outlining my new ongoing monthly charges. Fees and taxes are 41%! This has to be a mistake.

ATT_Blurred_Cropped.jpg

1 Attachment

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

40.1K Messages

a year ago

Don’t worry. That is your customer service summary, not a bill. The customer service summaries are often wrong. There is no way your monthly taxes will be that high.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Fl_retire

ACE - Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

8 months ago

@cmckenna @Link below from AT&T on taxes and fee by state, just enter your zip code and this will help determine taxes and fees. NY does have one of the highest taxes and fees for cellphones. 

https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1022940

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
TROLLEDYOUSO

Guru

• 

561 Messages

a year ago

Did you just set up a new Next plan? You normally get charged the full sales tax for the phone upfront.

legends92

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

a year ago

I switched over from the grandfathered unlimited data plan. If you notice, the 41% in fees and taxes are ongoing. I can maybe understand paying for it once.

legends92

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

a year ago

Great, thank you. I almost switched carriers.

legends92

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

a year ago

Did not sign up for the Next Plan and not purchasing a new phone.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

Any updates? I just opened 2 lines a week ago and I almost died when I saw my customer service summary. I’m so scared to pay this much!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

Hi Teacher - If you don't mind, please share how much you end up paying for your "state & local tax" and "federal universal service fund" & other fees on your one line phone bill?  I (just like Tutor) signed up for AT&T cell phone call few days ago & I also was shocked when I received the customer service summary that shows my "ongoing monthly bill" has $23.06 state & local tax + all these other fees bringing my monthly bill to $112 (for just 1 line w/ mobile share + 3G)!?

I also don't understand why AT&T keep sending out these "customer service summary" if the AT&T reps (the ones I spoke with) are indeed correct saying "the customer service summary information are wrong"?  Why will they send out "wrong information" to new customers?  Thus, I am still worried that we (AT&T account holders) may end up be "locked" into the contract plan with such High ongoing Taxes & Fees....  anyone can confirm?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 months ago

I am in the same situation. What did your taxes and surcharges end up being? Something reasonable?

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.9K Messages

8 months ago

@cmckenna   Ignore the Customer service summary and wait to read your bill.  Why they send out the useless and wrong information baffles. 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Get started...

Ask a new question