Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
I

• 

3 Messages

Sat, Jul 4, 2020 8:20 PM

4 digit account Pin no longer working

I have a past due bill with at and t that is a year old. When calling the reps they always ask for a 4 digit pin so I can chat with them about it. Last month this pin was working fine, I got in contact with the customer loyalty department to chat with them about my past due bill and one month later I haven’t heard anything back. So I decided to just call today and clear it up, when calling the agent asks me for the pin, I have it to her and she said it was incorrect. 

im 100% sure this is the pin, I used it last month. The old phone I had with at and t is lost in the ocean, I ignored the bills and they closed my account for me. So what do I do now that they can’t recognize my pin? 

why does the 4 digit pin no longer work? 

my account went to collections and the credence sent it back to at and t.  But now that no one recognizes the pin what do I do to pay this off? 

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

40.1K Messages

a month ago

The pin likely does not work because the account is closed. I have no idea why it worked a month ago. You sure the debt collection agency sent it back to ATT? I’ve never heard of that happening.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

@sandblaster yea AT&T collection department told me that It was sent back. Actually, when calling the collection department, my pin worked for them. The rep

told me if nothing Was reported to my credit report then I should just pay through AT&T store or online, and that if I do, I can close my account and it will not get reported in the future if I do.

JBayudang

Associated Member

• 

298 Messages

a month ago

The PIN should always work if you have the correct PIN.

To answer your question, you can pay your bill online by visiting att.com/fastpay . Remember to click on the "pay a closed account" hyperlink. The website requires no login, just input your AT&T account number, zip code, complete the captcha and your good to go.

(edited)

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Get started...

Ask a new question