Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
LindsayDay's profile
LindsayDay
#1 Star!
Helpful 1
10th stratosphere!

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

Sun, Mar 25, 2018 12:54 AM

$25 credit for DirecTV Now and wireless

No $25 Unlimited/Direct TV Now credit
Options

Mar 8, 2018 7:13 PM

No $25 Unlimited/Direct TV Now credit

I upgraded my plan in October to Unlimited Choice and signed up for DirectTV Now at the same time. I was supposed to start receiving a monthly $25 credit within three months. That was the agreement and that is what is on the paperwork I have. In fact, the paperwork lists this as a lifetime credit. I have not received that credit. I have called about this repeatedly and every representative agrees I am eligible and they can't understand why I haven't been getting the credit. Last month I was given a $25 credit for that month and told it would be fixed going forward. It was not fixed and there is no credit in this month's bill.  I need this fixed. Help!

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.2K Messages

4 y ago

@LindsayDay   Are you already getting a discount?  You cannot stack discounts.  I have the Go Big ($60 plan) at intro price for $35.   If I change to unlimited it does not get a second discount.  

@Gary L you broke the story about the change to a $15 credit for TV.  Do you recall when?  Can’t find your post...

@LindsayDay   Did you register your number with DTV now?   

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

4 y ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

garylapointe: you broke the story about the change to a $15 credit for TV.  Do you recall when?  Can’t find your post...

Early-ish November 2017.  I believe 11/11 was the last $25 day for Unlimited Plus.

That said, I don't recall what discounts the "Choice" plan had, I don't recall if they ever had the $25 discount (I'm not saying they did not, I'm just saying I don't recall it). To me, the old Choice plan at 3Mbps was incredibly limited and I couldn't bring myself to ever recommend it, so I don't recall the details (as I didn't pay attention).

The new Enhanced Unlimited Choice plan is likely MUCH faster, so I can recommend that one. 

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

4 y ago

@LindsayDay @lizdance40

This page says DTV Now was getting the $25 discount at least since the 12th of September  (they added HBO free to Choice on the 15th) http://about.att.com/newsroom/att_unlimited_choice_hbo.html

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.2K Messages

4 y ago

@Gary L   Thanks

@LindsayDay. So the only answer I can think of is you didn’t get your DTVN Account connected to your wireless to get the discount.   You would have to contact DTVN and ATT to fix it after the fact.  

You can find DTVN chat at the bottom.  https://www.directvnow.com/accounts/create-account

https://ewr2-auth-api.att.com/consent/consent

LindsayDay

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

4 y ago

I *think* the problem has been fixed! I spoke to a DirecTV Now representative who looked up my account and said when the AT&T store person set up my account, she established my free HBO first and tried to do the $25 discount second. Doing it that way created some kind of problem in the computer system, which meant my discount never went through. It seems like he fixed it! The discount is on there today.

I put this out there in case anyone else is having a similar problem.
Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

4 y ago

@LindsayDay wrote:
I *think* the problem has been fixed! I spoke to a DirecTV Now representative who looked up my account and said when the AT&T store person set up my account, she established my free HBO first and tried to do the $25 discount second. Doing it that way created some kind of problem in the computer system, which meant my discount never went through. It seems like he fixed it! The discount is on there today.

I put this out there in case anyone else is having a similar problem.

Can you let us know in a few months if it's still there? Sometimes they manually credit you, but the automatic part didn't take (doesn't stick).

LindsayDay

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

4 y ago

Definitely! That's a concern of mine, too.
Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.