Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Mar 25, 2016 4:13 PM

$15.00 Discount for Access Credit?

I'm on the mobile share value program with my sister and we're both billed $40. for the plan. However, I receive a $15.00 credit "Discount for Access" on my cell ph bill, but my sister does not. This is the 2nd month in a row I've received the discount. Does anyone know why I receive the discount, what it's for and why she doesn't receive the $15.00 credit / discount?
Thank you!

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

69.5K Messages

4 years ago

The $40 line fee is on all lines and remains $40 while you are under a 2 year contract.  When the contract expires, the credit is applied.  Since 2 year contracts are gone, your line fee will remain at $25.  

When your sister's contract is up, her line fee will also have the discount.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I've been trying to find this information as well! My 2 yr contract has been up much longer than my husbands, yet he receives the credit and I do not. It doesn't make sense to me.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

69.5K Messages

4 years ago

Do you have the same phones?  Was an upgrade done on your line but the phone used on a different line?  (Borrowed upgrade)

The discount is applied automatically once a contract is complete.   

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

For how long have two year contracts been "gone"? 

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

69.5K Messages

4 years ago

The final date to get a contract online was January 7 2016.  

They have been phasing them out since May 2015.  First taking them out of retail stores, then in September making it online only.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I am bumping this thread up because this credit showed up for the first time ever on latest my bill.  I have not had a contract in about four years and my phone is  unlocked.  Not that I am not happy about a bill that is lower, but I am curious as to I received this credit?

GeekBoy

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

4 years ago

Depending upon which plan you are on, you may not be eligible for the discounts.

If you are on a grandfathered Family Talk or National Talk plan, the discounts are not available.  If you are on a grandfathered original Mobile Share plan, the discounted were not available.  It you were on a Mobile Share Value plan, or now the new Mobile Share Advantage plan, you are eligible for the discounts when you are out of contract.

When the Mobile Share Value plans were created in Feb (2015?) they did not automatically move customers from the original Mobile Share plans, so some customers who qualified for the discounts under the new plans didn't get them because they were not on one of those plans.  If you recently changed your plan, then it is possible that you were still on a grandfathered plan that did not have the discounts available, and are now on a plan that does have them.

Because AT&T tends to grandfather old plans rather than sunset them and force you onto a new plan, you sometimes benefit, and sometimes they do.  This is why it's always a good idea to review your bill regularly and see if there are things you could do to save yourself more money.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--