Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
C

• 

1 Message

Sat, Aug 1, 2020 4:16 PM

Year long suspension of service

I’m going to be traveling to the UK to study abroad for a year. I’m anticipating porting my phone number to a virtual service and utilizing a prepaid service while there. I’m currently on an unlimited family plan, what are the implications and costs associated with suspending service for a year? Is it simply removing the line, then adding a “new” line and porting my number back when I return? Is there any alternative in regards to pausing or suspending service for a year? Thanks!

Responses

Accepted Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

40.3K Messages

10 days ago

If you port your number, that cancels that line on ATT. You aren’t suspending, you are canceling. There are no costs unless you are paying for a phone. The remainder owed for the phone will be billed. You don’t want to suspend, anyway. Suspension does not stop billing. Yes, you will just port the number back when you return.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

77K Messages

10 days ago

This ⤴️

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question