For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Ismail's profile

12 Messages

Saturday, November 25th, 2023 5:40 AM

Wrongful Account Setup

I came into the store on Ditmars Astoria last year as a new customer (consumer), looking to trade in my iPhone 12 for credit, and got a 14 on ATT, and use my employee perk of $10 off.  I found out a year later its wrongly set up as a business plan, I highly suspect it was intentional, I’ve been paying 20 dollars higher than I should have, and not to mention the surrounding fees and taxes for a business line.  

12 Messages

5 months ago

Ok, spoke to Customer Care and unfortunately they are not able to correct ATT's mistake created by the store last year.  Instead they offered $25 credit instead of $220 bc the store closed down and they can't do anything.  I would of been content with $100 bc mistakes happened.  I would think a 115 billion dollar company would admit a mea culpa and offer something fair.  Whatevs.   

Former Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

5 months ago

Per the TOS you have a specific amount of time to dispute billed charges and it’s not a year. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

5 months ago

Of course they're not going to correct past mistakes. But they can correct your account today. Migrate your account to a consumer account...

12 Messages

5 months ago

How long does a transfer take?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

5 months ago

@Ismail  If the store you originally did business with was a Retail Store, then the "mistake" was their doing. All AT&T knows is what was sent to them, they have no way of knowing what was said and/or promised to the customer. Technically you did business with the retailer, not AT&T. That being said, this is why we strongly suggest that customer's check their billing new accounts for at least a couple of months or billing cycles to make sure no mistakes were made. If you don't, and keep paying the bill, then AT&T assumes you are ok with the charges. A year later is tough to correct. If you do go into a Corporate Store, ask to make sure that it is indeed a Corporate Store. Sometimes the AT&T website is not current, especially if the Corporate Store has recently been sold to a Retailer and they haven't changed the outside signage.

12 Messages

5 months ago

WOW.  Now, I can't transfer over to a consumer account bc the phone needs to be paid off,   Where there is 6-8 "credit payments" remaining for the promo "Switch over to ATT and get an iphone 14 ON US" to kick in.  On top of the $220 overpayment and the remaining $720 installment, this is turning out to be a pricy mistake close to $1g

(edited)

12 Messages

5 months ago

Can someone here point me to pursuing legal action, like small claims court?

12 Messages

5 months ago

Thanks.  The customer agent, filled out a incident report and a supervisor will contact me to review my case.  I feel horrible for raising my voice.  This is so stressfull

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

5 months ago

I wouldn’t wait forever for the supervisor to call you back.  Just sayin’

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

5 months ago

@Ismail  File a complaint with the BBB. That goes to Corporate and someone will contact you. Just have all of your paperwork and/or documentation on hand. As far as legal action, you are bound to Binding Arbitration when you sign up for service, like any carrier does. Small Claims may be an option but if you go the legal route, arbitration is probably your best bet.

The decision to call a customer after CS fills out a complaint is totally up to whoever gets the complaint. If they are too busy, then you probably won't get a call back.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.