Need help understanding your bill?
DANIELFRANGIS's profile

Tutor

 • 

9 Messages

Tuesday, November 22nd, 2016 12:29 AM

Closed

Worthless Customer Support

I have reached out a multitude of times and tried to reach a solution to the gross over charging of my account.  Repeatedly I have been told that I would receive a phone call back and still 9-days later, have not heard anything from anyone.  This is crazy and come the end of the week, [Edited to comply with Guidelines].  

David606

Employee

 • 

3.5K Messages

6 years ago

Exactly what is being overcharged? Maybe some more insight could be provided if we knew more details.

 

Also, the user agreement states that arbitration is your only avenue and you forfeit the right to take legal action against the carrier other than through arbitration.

Gary L

ACE - Expert

 • 

16.1K Messages

6 years ago

 

You've shared no concrete information with us. What/how are they overcharing you?

 

Check your terms of service with AT&T, by accepting them I believe you've already agreed to arbitration (check this out before you have billable hours from your lawyer)...

 

When solved / helped, please mark your question as solved by clicking "Accept solution". This helps other people to find an answer more quickly.

 

 

Tutor

 • 

9 Messages

6 years ago

IF you're going to try and speak legal terms with me then hear this!  I was quoted an exact amount for all of my services and entered into a verbal contract with you.  The first month it was over $400 more than quoted.  Then I spoke with your unified billing specialist and she told me an exact breakdown of what my bill was supposed to be including phone installments, wireless plan, internet and u-verse.  She told me the phone call was being recorded like I asked and still you overcharge me over $100 extra per month and this month is $200 overcharged.  You entered into a verbal contract with me and grossly overcharged me using deceptive practices so if you'd like to see how that little arbitration statement goes, we shall see how the courts and utilities commission likes AT&T deceptively overcharging customers from quoted services.  

Tutor

 • 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I got the add a line promotion B1G1. So I got an IPHONE S6 Plus, and a S6 "free." I wanted to pay the 6 Plus up front, but was told I had to pay three installments before I could pay it off. I paid five installments and paid it off. Then I see a $25. pmt. due on the free phone. When I called to inquire, I was told that both phones must remain on installments, for the phone to be free. This was never mentioned when I paid off the 6 Plus. I've talked to four reps., including loyal customer rep. Every one of them have told me something different, and in essence I'm screwed. Either these employees are bold face liars, or they have no clue what they are doing. I'm so angry. I am now looking into other carriers.
Gary L

ACE - Expert

 • 

16.1K Messages

6 years ago


@DANIELFRANGIS wrote:
IF you're going to try and speak legal terms with me then hear this!

Dude, chill!!! You signed up for the AT&T community forum (this is not AT&T support).

 

I was just attempting to point out something that could potentially be useful information to you.

Are you just here to whine, or did you want some assitance?

 

 

Two of us pointed out the same thing and asked virtually the same question within a few minutes of you posting (that's pretty good service, eh?). Maybe it's not us...

 

 


@DANIELFRANGIS wrote:
 I was quoted an exact amount for all of my services and entered into a verbal contract with you.  The first month it was over $400 more than quoted.  Then I spoke with your unified billing specialist and she told me an exact breakdown of what my bill was supposed to be including phone installments, wireless plan, internet and u-verse.  She told me the phone call was being recorded like I asked and still you overcharge me over $100 extra per month and this month is $200 overcharged.  

 

  • Overcharged $400 more than quoted? That could be $401 for a $1 quote or $1400 for a $1000 quote.
  • For "all of my services".

This isn't really much clearer as to what you have.  

 

Did you get:

  • Satellite, uverse, postpaid cellular service, gophone service?
  • Phones and tablets?
  • Did you get combined billing?
  • Switching from another carrier?
  • BOGO promo?

 

 

ACE - Sage

 • 

104.1K Messages

6 years ago

For what?  Tax and fees?  Phone installments?  It's all on the bill.

Quotes are usually for service.

The first bill is not for a single month.  Check the dates.  First bill comes a couple weeks after service began.  It includes a partial first month with fees and a full current month.  It is usually higher than normal and due in 3 weeks.  

If you participated in any promotions, they often do not show credits right away.  The unlimited data plan 4th line free, for example, does not credit for 2 bill cycles.  Then you get back credits.

 

 

Gary L

ACE - Expert

 • 

16.1K Messages

6 years ago


@KChervinskis wrote:
I got the add a line promotion B1G1. So I got an IPHONE S6 Plus, and a S6 "free." I wanted to pay the 6 Plus up front, but was told I had to pay three installments before I could pay it off. I paid five installments and paid it off. Then I see a $25. pmt. due on the free phone. When I called to inquire, I was told that both phones must remain on installments, for the phone to be free. This was never mentioned when I paid off the 6 Plus.

@KChervinskis We've already covered this in another thread.  

We've asked you some specific questions over there and not heard back.

PLEASE don't hijack this guys thread. 

 

 

 

 

Tutor

 • 

9 Messages

6 years ago

How about I'm done with all of you at AT&T.  Obviously you are all worthless and arrogant and rude.  I will have to deal with this legally.  Also will be contacting the utilities commission and BBB.  I have some friends on the Raleigh City Counsel who will help me direct this in the right direction.  
Gary L

ACE - Expert

 • 

16.1K Messages

6 years ago


@DANIELFRANGIS wrote:
I have some friends on the Raleigh City Counsel who will help me direct this in the right direction.  

Dude, you crack me up! 

 


@DANIELFRANGIS wrote:
How about I'm done with all of you at AT&T.  Obviously you are all worthless and arrogant and rude.  

We've asked pretty specific stuff and you don't want to answer.  If you actually want help that's one thing, but when you rudely tell us to "now hear this" and threaten to turn us into the city council, it's really hard to help. 

 

Do you want help or just want to complain?

 

 

David606

Employee

 • 

3.5K Messages

6 years ago

There is no such thing as a verbal contract in this industry. What is written in writing is all that applies. Nothing verbally said is considered a contract. Whenever someone signs up for service they must sign the user agreement and either paperwork or an e-mail detailing the transaction is provided.

 

First month's bills are generally always prorated. A full month plus partial month along with activation fees that apply. No one is being rude or out of line here. Just relaying the information that is out there.

 

 

 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.