Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Thu, Oct 31, 2019 6:44 PM

Wireless bill change - Price increase

I received an email today stating that 15GB would be added to my plan and bill would increase by $10.00 .  I was really upset that this was done without my knowledge or consent but I could live with a $10.00 increase....BUT, as I read the email further there were more changes that I was not aware of, and quite frankly, the email gave you no clue as to what (or at least I could not find).  My bill looked like it would change from approximately $245.00 to $415.00.  I am retired from AT&T and I do get an employee discount (which I am thankful for), but can you imagine the increase I would be faced with...so if this has happened to those who do not get a discount my heart goes out to you.  I have not contacted anyone with AT&T yet because I wanted to take a deep breath before I did for two reasons...1) To calm down & 2) These days you think you are calling the right number only to get passed around from rep to rep and some do not have a clue how to help you.  I have never posted anything to this forum (not sure who sees it) and really do not know if it will resolve anything, but it has helped with a first step in taking that deep breath!!

Responses

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

3 months ago

Just an afterthought as I am still in the taking a breathe phase....Depending on the results from the upcoming call to AT&T rep (if anyone has a GOOD number to call it would be appreciated), this retired AT&T employee may have to do some extensive research for an alternative wireless.  I was with AT&T for 35 years and had continued to utilize various services after retirement so this could be a big step for me! 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

33.9K Messages

3 months ago

What you likely received was the customer service summary which does not list any discounts you get and is likely wrong. The $10 increase should be all you see. What is the name of your plan and how many lines do you have? Even $245 sounds high unless you have a lot of lines. The Mobile Share Value plans got their additional data and price increase almost a year ago. I wasn’t aware of any other price increases on grandfathered plans going on now. Also, no, there is no “good number” other than 611 from your mobile phone or the standard 800 number. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

2 months ago

Thank you for your response.  I HAD the Shared Mobile 30GB w/Rollover, but as I said, I just got the email that stated it has been changed to the Shared Mobile 45GB without my knowledge.  I do have 4 lines.  I hope you are right about only seeing the $10.00 increase, but I am not that confident since I have had issues in the past and had to deal with being transferred from rep to rep and I had to do all the investigative work.  The customer service has really changed since my days with AT&T.  Again, any advice or assistance is very much appreciated!  

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

33.9K Messages

2 months ago

Why don't you change to one of the unlimited plans? Four lines on either unlimited plan is less than the $245 you are paying even before getting your employee discount. You could cut your bill significantly. If you are interested in going to unlimited, the two current plans are being replaced by three new ones next week. You need to change now if you want either of the Unlimited & More plans. Your ATT employee discount does apply to unlimited plans.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

69.3K Messages

2 months ago

There is a new round of price changes, both increase and decrease.  Yep, you saw that right, decrease.  Some with unlimited choice and unlimited choice enhanced had a decrease of $5. 
New unlimited plans debut next week which will be cheaper for some, not for all.  If you want to switch to unlimited, compare and switch now, then look at the newer plans.  
If you use your hotspots, read carefully.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

2 months ago

Again, thanks.  I will check into that.  Do I call 611, another number or is it best to go to my local AT&T store??  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

2 months ago

Afterthought question.  Why does the plan change have to be done immediately?  

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

33.9K Messages

2 months ago

You can change your plan yourself online, no need to call or go to a store. Again, new plans are being introduced next week. Though I don’t know for sure, I believe the two current Unlimited & More plans won’t be available as of Monday. 

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

69.3K Messages

2 months ago

@bc013154 wrote:

Afterthought question.  Why does the plan change have to be done immediately?  

There are advantages and disadvantages to every plan.  You should weigh them carefully.  
your current plan doesn’t dictate how much you use for tethering, and doesn’t limit video to a lower definition.  
The current unlimited plans may be a better fit for the price.  Or the new plans might be.  But next week you won’t have the option to pick the unlimited and more plans.   They are being replaced on November 3rd.  If you decide to go unlimited, You can try the existing plan, then switch in a month if the new plan looks better.  
    I just really encourage you to read everything online before you leap.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

2 months ago

Does that mean I would be grandfathered if I choose one of the two plans available today??

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

69.3K Messages

2 months ago

Yes.  You can keep you current plan, with the new price and more data, you can switch to unlimited and more and keep it.  You can’t switch back once a plan is ‘retired’