Need help understanding your bill?
R

• 

21 Messages

Saturday, April 25th, 2020 11:43 AM

Will Be Disconnecting Service Soon If No Resolution

I have been an AT&T Uverse/Directv, Gigabit fiber internet and home phone customer for quite a number of years. A great customer that has never been late on a bill with services totaling over $200/month. I was also one of Sprint's most loyal customers (24 years to be exact) until Sprint only offered "Flex Lease" on their phones and decided to switch after 24 years to continue with owning my own phones. I took advantage of the AT&T promotion for the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra which was $1,399.99 regular price but with a ported number and trade-in I would receive $1200 credits over 30 months of billing, which is technically a 30 month contract and I am OK with. However, here is where the fun begins. I called to order the service over the phone and apparently received a very incompetent salesperson who did not record the accurate information and also did not provide the full instructions of the process. By the way, I even received the wrong color after repeating it several times to the rep after she kept repeating the wrong color. I received the new phone a few days later and the shipping box contained the S20 along with a return label and strip of packing tape. I did think it was unusual not to have paperwork or packing materials included for the trade-in and decided to use my original Note 8 box to pack up the trade-in and used a small, pre-printed label that was included in the shipment that had my phone number shown and attached it to the box for identification. About a week later I called to check the status since the tracking information was showing as "received" but not received on the AT&T trade-in status page. The rep proceeded to tell me I had used the "buyer's remorse" shipping label which is supposed to be used if I decided to return the new phone. I then told her that I hadn't received any sort of separate label or packaging for the trade-in phone. She then stated that the trade-in materials would be sent much later in separate packaging. NO INFORMATION was given to me about a separate package or any instructions on how to return the trade-in. Fast forwarding almost two months later, I have been on the phone with AT&T for literally over 6 hours total during the last 6 weeks along with talking to 20+ representatives, with most being very unhelpful and frankly should not even be working in a call center (very rude). I have spoken with the Trade-In Dept. a total of eight times with each requiring escalation. I have only received one reply back for the eight escalations by email which basically stated that there is nothing that can be done except wait on the tracking to show "delivered" instead of "received". Huh? The last person I spoke with in the Trade-In Dept. was a supervisor Dana who I had high hopes for helping me out. She insisted I would receive a Tier 2 support reply back within 48 hours and it has been 11 days now. After 3 days I called customer service and asked to speak with a manager or supervisor. One was not available and I was told a call back would be received within 48 hours. Still waiting on that call after 8 days. This seems almost surreal to me that a company this large and successful can provide this type of NO customer service. If I can't get resolution soon I will be paying off the phone outright and disconnecting services along with TV, internet and phone. I live in Atlanta and have plenty of choices. Will competition and the looming fact that you will lose an A+ AT&T customer that currently subscribes to all AT&T residential services be a motivating factor to resolve this issue? I guess we will see. P.S. I would think this post should be forwarded to a Manager. Please don't reply back with "contact customer service". How about a Manager contact me!?!?

ACE - Sage

• 

103.9K Messages

3 years ago

This is primarily a customer populated forum, not AT&T customer support. Not a good way to contact AT&T.

• 

21 Messages

IS there a good way to contact AT&T? Please let me know. Obviously, I have not found that gem yet.

• 

3 Messages

@lizdance40 so this is just a gripe site with no way to get anything corrected!!

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

62K Messages

This is a place to get answers to questions, not a way to contact customer support. So no, account specific issue can’t be fixed here.

Award for Community Excellence 2021 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Sage

• 

103.9K Messages

Primarily - this is peer to peer self help community forum.
While ATTHelp occasionally picks up a post, they are rarely here on weekends, and may never see you post.

If you scroll to the bottom of any AT&T web page there is a contact us link. This gives you the phone numbers or may give you a chat link to contact AT&T directly.

You can file a Better Business Bureau complaint.
You also have the right to small claims or arbitration as outlined in the terms of service.
Ultimately if AT&T can't find your trade-in phone they aren't going to give you credits against your purchase. And your chances of getting a credit as an ex customer are slim to none.

You need to track your trade in. Even though it was shipped to the wrong place, if you can prove it was sent in you have some leverage to get credits.
The phone was sent from the USPS to newgistics, and then back to a warehouse. The same tracking number works with both websites

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

21 Messages

3 years ago

I do appreciate the information but I am aware of all and do have the backing information such as tracking number, IMEI number and pictures. Outrageously incompetent NO customer service in my opinion so far. I will call one more time early next week and that will be it. I will take my losses and move on which is more about principle. Just can't believe the treatment for a customer that left a competitor after 24 years AND has all AT&T home services. Seems like they would go out of their way to help. I even had to point out to one rep that she was never trained to be empathetic to the customer. Basic customer service training for a call center. Amazingly surprised AT&T does not have trained individuals on their phones (or maybe they don't care; based on my experience I am leaning that way). I am really flabbergasted at this point.

(edited)

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

@richardh2004 You also have to realize your not really dealing with people in the states right now because of the Rona virus. I personally would file a FCC complaint and that should get you some action.

• 

21 Messages

Awesome. Thanks for the tip, @glimmerman76. BBB and FCC here we come unless someone gets off their tush and starts helping me and provides continuous updates on status. I have put in almost a full day's work on the phone trying to solve this mess and I AM THE CUSTOMER! There is definitely something skewed with this scenario.

(edited)

• 

21 Messages

UPDATE: I called the "loyalty" department (I use that term very loosely since I definitely don't feel like I am treated as a loyal AT&T customer with all four residential services AND considered a wireless "premier" customer through my corporate relationship) and spoke with a rep that was absolutely horrendous. Interrupted me every time I tried to speak until I finally lost it and then he just became a real smart a** and started pausing on purpose (up to 15 seconds sometimes) to make sure he did not interrupt. In other words taunting me. What a piece of work. An arrogant, rude and apparently long time AT&T employee. I pointed out how he was not trained properly to even deal with customers over the phone and he adamantly denied he was rude. In fact, in his mind, he thought he was the best customer service rep AT&T has and doesn't mind telling you so. Just wants to hear himself talk and not let the customer speak. Is that normal? I also pointed out that either he thinks he is untouchable or for some reason really is. SMH....I give up.

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

You're lucky if you get to someone to talk to. There was no link to take a person to contact anyone. It just goes in circles and back to the page you started. Don't know why ATT wanted Directv anyway if it could care less if it worked or not. Just a piece of SH**!

• 

21 Messages

I was able to reach someone in the wireless "non-loyalty" department. My issue is with my new AT&T wireless service. I switched from Sprint after 24 years. Should never have done it!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.