Need help understanding your bill?
rford20000's profile

• 

1 Message

Monday, April 4th, 2022 2:30 PM

Why won't ATT take back the iphone 11 pro without requiring it be paid off in full?

This is strange to me because my iphone 11 pro has always been a problem.  Sometimes, I watch the screen show a call coming in, but no rings or vibration even with sound switched on.  I went to upgrade, ATT is requiring I pay it completely off and then I can upgrade, while my daughter who is on my account has a iphone 12 pro, they are only asking her to pay $275 to upgrade when the balance on her phone is $800.  My balance is $540.  This is (Edited per community guidelines) and doesn't feel right.  I have been with ATT for over 20 years and bought countless phones from them, but they don't seem to want the iphone 11 pro back.  Why? Is there something known that's not being shared with the public about the iphone 11 pro?  Now, I am (Edited per community guidelines) and considering changing to another carrier. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Constructive

Former Employee

• 

30.7K Messages

1 year ago

first at&t doesnt make the phone, apple does and apple forbids any carrier from repairing or warrantying it you must deal with apple on that

unless you were on the next up program you cannot trade in a phone or upgrade until its fully paid off, its possible next up had been added to her phone making her phone available for upgrade after 50% of the phone was paid off

Constructive

Former Employee

• 

30.7K Messages

1 year ago

oh yeah your phone must be in perfect working order or its not eligible for trade in.

ACE - Sage

• 

105.5K Messages

1 year ago

⬆️. 

All of that

If you still don't understand I'll be perfectly happy to try to explain. Your iPhone 11 was under warranty for one year with apple. If it was giving you problems from day one you should have contacted apple right away for a warranty replacement.

In order to upgrade early, you have to either have enrolled in "Next up", or pay off the phone.

Next up is a early upgrade program charges $5 a month on your line of service.  If you had signed up when you purchased your iPhone 11 it would show in your account.

Since you are not enrolled in the next up program, you have to pay off your phone in order to upgrade. What you do with a phone after that is up to you. It is yours. Since it is faulty, you might want to have Apple repair it, or perhaps a factory reset might resolve the problem. It is then to do with as you please, you can sell it, or stick it in a drawer as an emergency phone.

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I’m just trying to figure how anyone could be with AT&T for 20 years and still be lost  pertaining to AT&T’s plans and processes. I’ve used nearly every carrier and make money buying, fixing, and selling phones and as far as I know there isn’t one single carrier that fires up their iMac and checks the customers number of years before they break their own terms that I’m sure is in your paperwork. If you were to switch to Verizon there terms on returning the phone would be 30 days and at AT&T even with 20 years, will be 14 days. The iPhone 11 has the same random, unwanted “do not disturb” issue that all the iPhones I’ve owned experienced at one time or another. Instead of AT&T being blamed I would blame the guy who’s logo is on the device that’s giving you trouble….by that I mean buy a Samsung and leave the trash alone!! If it were me and one of my three kids on my plan could upgrade early, we’ll I’m taking that upgrade and giving them the 11!!!  

ACE - Sage

• 

105.5K Messages

1 year ago

@Bigzbe

In defense of customers:  carriers change plans, deals and processes very often.  Employees/representatives don't know what the product, deal or policy is. 

In defense of carriers: its all in print!  If customers don't read, then it's on them. 

Many complaints are due to customers not reading what they signed. 

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I wrote this in a hurry this morning and didn't read back over it and man I sound like an a double s!! I apologize and I didn't mean for it to sound that harsh. I'm like walking dead when I wake up!!

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

@formerlyknownas

Carriers definitely change up a lot, and they will leave u paying for a 2009 data plan if you let them. My grandmother is a good example!! She was paying 89 dollars for 1gb of data for MANY years!! I know Verizon knows some of these elderly folks will just pay a bill right on and they just and cash in on it!! This may be against the rules but AT&T on Straight Talk is super fast and cheap!! This is most likely also against the rules but the newest MVNO is Visible and they run on Verizon Towers and it is by far, by way, way far the best deal ever!! Check it out!!!! Maybe I won't get kicked out my first day lol!! I'm not too worried either way being as I went with AT&T 2 months ago and I  returned a 13 pro max after 8 days (I knew better) and was told I had to turn in the sim also. Well 39 days later they cancelled my service.. I only requested a new sim FOURTEEN TIMES via live chat and SIX TIMES via on the phone. Always told I would receive one the next day but never did!! Ive told them 3 more times recently about my 8 days of service but yesterday they went ahead and charged my bank account $220 something dollars! I guess the jokes on them because I closed that account about 2 weeks ago LOL. I think the holdup was something to do with me trying to keep my old number that I think was good but I told them every time if that was the problem to just send me a new number with the SIM. All them years with Straight Talk and crazy customer service but they could function enough to send me a SIM card.

ACE - Sage

• 

105.5K Messages

1 year ago

@Bigzbe

Well this is another example of the customer not reading what they sign and knowing what their financial obligations are because they didn't read what they signed.

1.   If you don't return within 3 days you will be charged for a full month Service Plus activation fees. Frequently that is going to be more than a full month service because you are paying for a prorated partial month, plus a full month..

2.  If you don't Port out your phone number, service is not necessarily terminated when you think it is. Porting out your phone number immediately cancels your service with any service provider. Guaranteed, as opposed to maybe the rep didn't do it right...

3.   Visible... I know all about visible. Visible is Verizon's mvno. It is notorious for being highly deprioritized.  Verizon customers who switch to visible and rely on data, often find themselves switching back to Verizon for better data service.  But if it works for you, fine

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.