The phone that makes your everyday epic. Buy the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G now!
Help for account, billing & more
robhennigar's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sat, Oct 17, 2020 10:48 PM

Why is it so difficult to stop receiving text messages from AT&T??? This shouldn't be this complicated.

AT&T is the worst. I just spent 18 minutes - 18! trying to simply get AT&T to stop sending ANY of the phone numbers on my plan text messages! One rep said he would get fired if he did as I asked. That's freaking unbelievable. I told him that accommodating a customer request should NOT be grounds for his firing. I then asked to speak to his supervisor and after a couple of minutes he comes back on the line! I asked again and it took a few more minutes for her to get on the phone. After explaining the situation, she said that employees could be fired... oh COME ON!!! This is rediculous! One more reason to switch carriers. And I don't know why I just can't simply respond to the original text with "STOP" like many other much smaller companies allow. What a scam. 

Time to switch carriers. 

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

16.3K Messages

1 y ago

If the text messages are coming from scammers/spammers there is very little that AT&T can do because the source is computer generated so it changes every time. The texts may look like they are from AT&T but more than likely they are spoofed addresses. Just don't respond and delete them.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

22.6K Messages

1 y ago

Att will send texts when you pay your bill those are the only texts I get from them

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

16.3K Messages

1 y ago

... and I get no texts at all from AT&T. Go figure...

ACE - Sage

• 

91.9K Messages

1 y ago

If these text messages are data notification messages, they are required to send them to you.   Big trouble with the FCC, millions in fines.

What exactly are these notices? 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.