For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
J

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, July 1st, 2020 9:06 PM

Closed

Why can’t AT&T offer anymore COVID-19 help? Spectrum was much more helpful.

Even though the pandemic is nowhere near over, AT&T has ended the meager help that they provided. And I had to beg to get it. And in the end they wouldn’t help any further. Even after I told them I was having surgery next week and needed an extension at least through then. Heartless. 

On the other hand, Spectrum wiped out three months of cable and internet service-$600-with one simple request for help. And another $200 was put on an installment plan. 
I’ll be switching to them for my cellular service. 

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I agree the same thing is happening to me!!!! They will not help with anything. Your mortgage company helps your utility your light but you ask help for your cell phone and they do nothing 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

Hold up....are you saying my utilities will forgive my bills???

Shoutout to everyone who can remember their childhood phone number but can't remember the password they created yesterday.  You are my people.  😊

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

6 Messages

Your utility company will help you with arraignments for you to pay what you can until your bill goes down or your back in the position to pay normally 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

4 years ago

Other carriers extended assistance to june 20 or 30.  So why should at&t do more when all it does is delay the big bill?  Mortgages and utilities still have to get paid eventually.  If they add up for 6 months?  10 months?  Will you have the money then?

If the answer is no, you should have planned on your exit to get out of your at&t debt - you had 3 months.

• 

6 Messages

Listen here if I would of expected Covid to happen then maybe but nothing that happened was my fault now let’s get one thing clear my light bill my water bill and (Edited per community guidelines) my mortgage to be cleared has made payment arrangements enough for me to satisfy what I can until I am able to continue on a regular normal payment now for months I asked AT&T to set up some type of little arraignments for me so that I can try and do what I can until the bill goes down now the bill is high and getting higher now they can’t help now T-Mobile Sprint those carriers are helping now absolutely tell me I can go to those carriers... oh best believe me I will!!!! Anything else

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

Wow.

I wasn’t asking for 6 or 10 months. Where did you get that from? I only needed some immediate relief and was comparing what other companies were doing. And yes, I’ll have the money.
But why would you even consider giving us your rather callous advice at a time like this, without knowing any of our circumstances? Are you sure you don’t work for AT&T? You sound pretty heartless to me. 

You should stick to giving tech advice. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

4 years ago

@nelphage 

At&t did exactly the same as other carriers.  Per the FCC keep america connected agreement.  You got 3 months of help.  
All carriers agreed to not suspend Or charge late or overage fees for customers who requested more time (waivers)  to pay till May 15, extended to june 30.  
    All this did was delay payment making 3 months due at once.  If you can get a late arraignment now, it still has to be set up online Through myATT account.  
    I had this option as well, but didnt see the point In delaying the inevitable big bill.  

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

At&t signed up for the Keep Americans Connected Pledge, gave all of their customers 3 months of extension (march 15 - June 30) for all lines of businesses and removed late fee charges in all accounts from february 15 to June 30. Almost all providers in US signed up, it could be complicated for you to make the payments at the moment and its understandable but as well for all businesses in the US its hard right now and who knows when the Pandemic will be over. At&t must pay their investors, providers or contractors, employees, taxes, etc. If theres no cashflow they can't make all this things. Some accounts qualify for more time of extension, some others don't based on multiple factors. 

• 

6 Messages

Look I’m not asking not to pay I’m asking to break up my payments until I can get my bill down to a reasonable payment now I’ve asked this since March their answer was no no we’ll extend. Now if I would of talked to an English person what I was requesting may have been a little easier. Don’t get me wrong I’m far from racist but having to repeat yourself over and over and not getting the results needed or helped and end up now like this can be very very frustrating 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

Can't you go ahead and pay on the account even if you have an extension?   I mean if you send money, they're not going to reject it are they?

Shoutout to everyone who can remember their childhood phone number but can't remember the password they created yesterday.  You are my people.  😊

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

Don’t really need people telling us what we should have done regarding savings, etc. You don’t know our circumstances and we didn’t ask for financial advice from any of you. 

And boohoo for AT&T, they only made 4.6 billion dollars in profit the first quarter. Up 12.5% from last year. And they’re on target to do okay the second quarter. 
I wasn’t asking to not pay my bill; I was asking for an extension and/or payment arrangement. They said no. All or nothing. Not sure if the other carriers are the same. 
However, when I contacted Spectrum about my internet and cable back in April they said not to worry, and that they’d reach out at the end of June. I fully expected to have to pay them the full balance. Instead, they let me know that they had credited my account  for 3 months. Yes, they wiped out $600 from my bill. And the remaining $240 they’ve spread out over the next 12 months. 
Spectrum has the same expenses that a company like AT&T has, yet they showed what a company can do when times are difficult. And they’re not even as big as AT&T. That is my point. So don’t reply with some lame excuses on behalf of AT&T, and don’t offer any opinions or financial advice that you haven’t been asked for. At any other time it would be rude.  But nowadays it’s frankly disgusting. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.