For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
andelais's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 1:56 PM

Why are we being discriminated against and not having our military veteran discount honored?

So I was told we don't get the military discount on the unlimited plus plan because they have a subcategory code of "traditional" and "nontraditional" military. Since we are "traditional military" they won't give us a military discount. I have argued with the customer service, business development, customer loyalty, supervisors, filed a dispute claim and no one will honor it. All AT&T persons have repeatedly told me they don't know how to fix it and they won't because a military discount is not honored on the Unlimited Plus plan. That is the only discount that is honored on the plan. I have see so many other post on this forum and outside of it that are getting their military discount. They fixed it the first month it came out in March but as of April they won't do the discount because they are claiming it is not covered. I am not happy. I want to know why our military family is being discriminated against. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@andelais

check your account to make sure one of the codes on this page are on it.  Also the account has to be in the name of the person that the discount belongs to.   Make sure they add a 0 in front of the codes. https://www.att.com/offers/discount-program/military-discount/

@ATTMobilityCare @ATTKevin

Can you help this person.  I know what I went thru.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

How is it they don't know how to add this discount?   

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

How is it they don't know how to add this discount?   

@lizdance40

its called POOR TRAINING....

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

Yeah.  I was trying not to point it out, but it's kind of out there...

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76

It is in my name as it should be and the Military Veterans 04085530 ribbon icon and code are applied to our account. I have over 30+ documents notes/calls/disputes about this issue since the program rolled out in March (last month). Yesterday after I called in again they rolled me back down to the Unlimited Plan instead of the Unlimited Plus so it would reapply the discount and put in another dispute. Help! This isn't right!It is It is

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@andelais wrote:

@GLIMMERMAN76

It is in my name as it should be and the Military Veterans 04085530 ribbon icon and code are applied to our account. I have over 30+ documents notes/calls/disputes about this issue since the program rolled out in March (last month). Yesterday after I called in again they rolled me back down to the Unlimited Plan instead of the Unlimited Plus so it would reapply the discount and put in another dispute. Help! This isn't right!It is It is

The veterans discount will give you 15% off the data portion of the bill I believe that is the 105 charge.  So you should get a 15.75 a month discount.  Mine is not working right per say either.  But they are still manually crediting my account.  Its only been a month and I have not had a bill since it was added to my account like it should.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

They are having to manual credit my account and submitted another dispute and request for why only "nontraditional" military get it and "traditional" subcategory people don't.

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

7 years ago

I had no problem getting the military discount as retired Air Force member. Went to a ATT corp store and salesman said he had to have his supervisor enter the military discount. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Fl_retire wrote:

I had no problem getting the military discount as retired Air Force member. Went to a ATT corp store and salesman said he had to have his supervisor enter the military discount. 

has it showed up on your bill?  I got it for 2 days in april for 1.73.  Also are you using unlimited data?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@Fl_retire Do you have the unlimited plan? The issue is getting the discount applied to that plan. I too have the discount as a retired AF member but I don't have the unlimited plan.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.