Where are my Visa Rewards Cards?
When I had my Directv services installed on 8/7/2017, two individuals showed up from AT&T as well. They stated they were part of a new team that helps customers bundle services. They were offering this fantastic deal on wireless service. I would get unlimited service, new Samsung 8 Plus for each line, a new tablet for a $1, $25 off my Directv bill and the big one: $650 rewards card for each phone switched. So that is a total of $1950. I followed all of the instructions to switch, however, I had to only deal with them. It has been a nightmare with this switch. Let me detail in bullet points:
1. They billed me $125 in activation fees they never told me about. Got that credited.
2. They screwed up my first two bills and all of a sudden I was past due $84. Got that credited.
3. Here it is three billing cycles and no $25 credit on Directv.
4. I turned over everything from Verizon regarding my last bill to them on September 13, 2017. Guess when they uploaded the statement? October 23, 2017. Nice!!!
And yes, you guessed it. AT&T rejected the submission of my last bill. I texted the representative I am working with. She stated she would have to resubmit for a different value for each card since I did not have a contract with Verizon only device payments for the three phones I switched over. I asked how much the rewards cards would be. Got nothing but "crickets"!
5. 12 weeks later, still no rewards cards. Still hearing "crickets"!
6. Today, I get a lovely call from a debt collector regarding my past due Verizon bill. This wouldn't have happened if the cards were sent just like the representative promised.
7. In 30 days my Verizon account will be marked as a judgement on my credit report.
At this point, I am considering this fraud. And on November 7, 2017 if this is not resolved, I am turning this over to the Attorney General's office here in Arizona and filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. You cannot put in writing to promise reimbursement for switching and not provide it. If I can pay my AT&T and Directv bill every month, AT&T should be able to honor their end of the deal.
Thanks AT&T, you just made my year!