Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Jan 13, 2016 7:04 PM

When will I receive credits for Apple BOGO promo?

So I was told I would get a buy one get one on my phone. Get iPhone 6s Plus 64gb and was told I could get a 25 dollar credit per month to pay for another phone as long as I paid a $20 extra line fee. Get my first bill and the extra line is more than 30 dollars 25 dollar setup fees (which I can understand) and still charging me for the other iPhone 6s 16 gb that was supposed to be free. I go to a branch to return them both and say I have to pay a restocking fee. I would love if this could be fixed.

Responses

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Roger-that...
Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

4 years ago

I fell for the buy one get one free promotion in December, 2016.  I am still struggling to get AT&T to start issuing me my credits after 5 payments.  I will never accept such an offer from AT&T again.  As a matter of fact, the first opportunity I get I am considering changing to another carrier because of the ridiculous situation I am in with this and can't get it resolved.  I have talked to the store manager multiple times who is suppose to be working on getting it straightened out.  I am on my second "case" AT&T has supposedly opened up.  The first one I was told was "entered incorrectly", so it was not opened.  Now, I have been waiting on the results of the second case that was opened 5/22/17.  I have not heard anything since.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.8K Messages

4 years ago

baileybrady  The December Bogo required you to add a new line of service to AT&T and buy a qualifying phone on installments, for a free phone.  Did you?  

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Nope... thanks for the update!! Are there known problems w/ the iPhone 6+??
They're offering that now for BOGO upgrade...
Thanx,
tominator55
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.8K Messages

4 years ago

Th iPhone 6/6+ is offered on the Gophone page for about $350.  It is not sold as a BOGO and BOGO are not as upgrade, there is always a catch.  Where did you see the offer you mention?  Post it

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

I am the in the Next plan, it was an option...
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.8K Messages

4 years ago

@tominator55   Next is not a plan, it's a way to buy a phone on installments.  

The iPhone 6+ isn't sold as a Bogo or even postpaid.  You can buy one if you want, it was a good phone.  

What do you mean, "it was an option"?  According to what advertisement?   You sure as heck aren't going to tell me it was offered by a rep.  Cause that falls under "fool me twice..."

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

I am experiencing the same thing. Unified bill and not getting my BOGO credit. Did your problems get resolved?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

No it has not been resolved. I have to call every month to get it adjusted. Very frustrating

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I am curious why does ATT do all this tricky accounting.  Charge one but then credit 4 or more months later.  Is it a tax or revenue sneaky play?  Seems dishonest as well.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.8K Messages

3 years ago

@rjwatsoniii wrote:

I am curious why does ATT do all this tricky accounting.  Charge one but then credit 4 or more months later.  Is it a tax or revenue sneaky play?  Seems dishonest as well.

It is the opposite.  Sales tax must be paid on BOTH phones.  The customer is often new,  so a pattern of paying the bills is required.  New customers may also start with a credit balance if they traded in phones.   With the BOGO in the past 12 months it also allows time to install and get billing up on a TV account.   

If anyone is under the delusion the carrier is doing these promotions out of generosity, pop that balloon.   These are to add new business and make additional profit off you. 

You better believe it’s up to you to make sure you qualify and follow the requirements.  The sales person gets credit no matter what.  

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

9.2K Messages

3 years ago

@rjwatsoniii wrote:

It seems most likely it's to allow time to verify that all requirements have been met. 

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

3 years ago

@rjwatsoniii wrote:

Most people I know got their credits well before that 3-4 month timeline.  

I started getting my free iPhone 7 credits (from the trade in a 6/6s) only 23 days from when I turned in my 6s, it was for two months credits (it was weeks after I received the 7, and even more weeks from when I ordered it). It might even have been a day or two before that, that's just when i noticed it...

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

What are the credits listed as? 

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

3 years ago

@Questionsnow wrote:

What are the credits listed as? 

For example for my promo (free iPhone 7 upgrade) my bill (printed or PDF) says:

• "Wireless - Next iPhone Promotion    27.09CR"
    and has the phone number of the line under it.

I would think other promos would say something similar.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.

Get started...

Ask a new question