Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Jan 13, 2016 7:04 PM

When will I receive credits for Apple BOGO promo?

So I was told I would get a buy one get one on my phone. Get iPhone 6s Plus 64gb and was told I could get a 25 dollar credit per month to pay for another phone as long as I paid a $20 extra line fee. Get my first bill and the extra line is more than 30 dollars 25 dollar setup fees (which I can understand) and still charging me for the other iPhone 6s 16 gb that was supposed to be free. I go to a branch to return them both and say I have to pay a restocking fee. I would love if this could be fixed.

Responses

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

4 years ago

@tominator55 wrote:
I saw an offer while lookin' thru myAT&T that said the bogo using Next (which we have) could be done w/ iPhone 7Plus...
What happened to that???

you has to add a new line or port in a line..

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

I KNEW I wasn't crazy... Apple has over a billion iPhones worldwide; Job's wife is so rich she can't spend it all; why do seasoned, long-term AT&T buyers (30-32 yrs for me) have to pay these EXORBITANT prices for iPhones...
And don't bother tellin' it's because of Apple!!! AT&T business types could present a plan to Apple & strongly recommend they accept it; or negotiate a lower price!!
I've done proposals, I've been thru orals as a gov't contractor. EVERYTHING can be negotiated. AT& T has helped Apple make bookoo $$ over the years!!! So..., make it happen! Help the little guys!!! How rich can you be before it's obscene...??!?
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

4 years ago

@tominator55 wrote:
I KNEW I wasn't crazy... Apple has over a billion iPhones worldwide; Job's wife is so rich she can't spend it all; why do seasoned, long-term AT&T buyers (30-32 yrs for me) have to pay these EXORBITANT prices for iPhones...
And don't bother tellin' it's because of Apple!!! AT&T business types could present a plan to Apple & strongly recommend they accept it; or negotiate a lower price!!
I've done proposals, I've been thru orals as a gov't contractor. EVERYTHING can be negotiated. AT& T has helped Apple make bookoo $$ over the years!!! So..., make it happen! Help the little guys!!! How rich can you be before it's obscene...??!?

Apple controls 40ish percent of the us phone market they are not going to allow ANY CARRIER to tell them what to do.  There are people lining up to buy there phones there is no reason for a price drop.  They made the iphone se for budget minded folks that still want a iPhone.  ATT almost makes NOTHING on a iPhone when they sell it.  Dont want to pay high prices for phones there are top end android devices sold unlocked that cost 100's less.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

4 years ago

tominator55 wrote:
why do seasoned, long-term AT&T buyers (30-32 yrs for me) have to pay these EXORBITANT prices for iPhones...

You don't have to pay anything for them.

Apple wouldn't care if AT&T stopped selling them. People would just buy them them from Apple and Apple would make even more money per phone.

I don't know if Apple is making a lot more per phone (compared to similarly priced models from other carriers) or if it's the sheer quantity.

The service costs them a lot too, listening to people here it seems like getting phones serviced and replaced for other carriers is a bit of a hassle. My experiences with Apple are pretty smooth and they've been pretty great with replacements...

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

4 years ago

@Gary L wrote:

@tominator55 wrote:
why do seasoned, long-term AT&T buyers (30-32 yrs for me) have to pay these EXORBITANT prices for iPhones...

You don't have to pay anything for them.

Apple wouldn't care if AT&T stopped selling them. People would just buy them them from Apple and Apple would make even more money per phone.

I don't know if Apple is making a lot more per phone (compared to similarly priced models from other carriers) or if it's the sheer quantity.

The service costs them a lot too, listening to people here it seems like getting phones serviced and replaced for other carriers is a bit of a hassle. My experiences with Apple are pretty smooth and they've been pretty great with replacements...

@Gary L

back when there were contracts att was paying apple 450 bucks per iphone....  Then remember those 99 cent iphones those cost the same 450 bucks so you can see how much att lost.  There was a nice story about it in 12 and 13

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

4 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:
back when there were contracts att was paying apple 450 bucks per iphone....  

And we were paying $199 making it a $649 phone.

(I know you know this, I'm clarifying for others).

Then remember those 99 cent iphones those cost the same 450 bucks so you can see how much att lost.  

Weren't the 99 cent iPhones a year or two old? (after they'd dropped $100 or $200).

I don't remember the newest ones ever being 99 cents.

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

4 years ago

@Gary L wrote:

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:
back when there were contracts att was paying apple 450 bucks per iphone....  

And we were paying $199 making it a $649 phone.

(I know you know this, I'm clarifying for others).

Then remember those 99 cent iphones those cost the same 450 bucks so you can see how much att lost.  

Weren't the 99 cent iPhones a year or two old? (after they'd dropped $100 or $200).

I don't remember the newest ones ever being 99 cents.

@Gary L

yelp and apple still made the carriers pay the same or maybe 100 less.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.8K Messages

4 years ago

@tominator55

It's the basic economic law of supply and demand.  The demand is high, so Apple fixes the price.  

If you don't like the price, don't buy iPhones.   It's the only way Apple will be foreced to lower prices, is if demand drops significantly.

Samsung is little better.

If you "have to have" an iPhone, you are part of the problem.  

FYI you can buy a 6-12 month old iPhone, used, mint, for far less than new.  

There are plenty of android devices of excellent quality, new, unlocked and far less expensive.  

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

I never got a 99c iPhone, we have stayed a couple of models behind due cost... maybe the 6Plus isn't so bad... but I don't know...

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Tips Pro news sent me a preview of Apple's new add campaign coming out soon, trying to sway other phone owners by telling them iPhone is more secure, has faster processors, geared toward music, & data transfer... so why would anyone want an inferior phone...
This should be a hoot!!!
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

4 years ago

@tominator55 wrote:
Tips Pro news sent me a preview of Apple's new add campaign coming out soon, trying to sway other phone owners by telling them iPhone is more secure, has faster processors, geared toward music, & data transfer... so why would anyone want an inferior phone...
This should be a hoot!!!

yeah the CVE tracker says otherwise to apples claim.....  They dont fix stuff like they should period.

http://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list.php?vendor_id=49&product_id=15556&version_id=&page=4&hasexp=0&opdos=0&opec=0&opov=0&opcsrf=0&opgpriv=0&opsqli=0&opxss=0&opdirt=0&opmemc=0&ophttprs=0&opbyp=0&opfileinc=0&opginf=0&cvssscoremin=0&cvssscoremax=0&year=2017&month=0&cweid=0&order=1&trc=194&sha=487407a5d678334e754629428d4592fa93ad6bc4

Google had less CVE's than apple has had.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.8K Messages

4 years ago

@tominator55

Not buying it,  the most recent and best known phone hacks were on iPhone.  About 2 years ago texting a simple series of characters crashed the iPhone.  Took Apple a couple weeks to fix it.  Meanwhile the media published the information and kids took pleasure in crashing each other's phones.  

Android has such varied OS, I would think it harder to create a hack or bug.

Now if we are talking windows -vs- Apple PC.....

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

You mean thru Asurion, my wife got a broke 5s when 5c crapped out... they didn't take too long to get a replacement out.
But then told us our insurance might be drying up, & might cost more for similar coverage...
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.8K Messages

4 years ago

@tominator55   Insurance has nothing to do with this.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Yeah, Android is open-source... right. Probably good & bad there; but at least there would be inconsisten

Get started...

Ask a new question