Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Jan 13, 2016 7:04 PM

When will I receive credits for Apple BOGO promo?

So I was told I would get a buy one get one on my phone. Get iPhone 6s Plus 64gb and was told I could get a 25 dollar credit per month to pay for another phone as long as I paid a $20 extra line fee. Get my first bill and the extra line is more than 30 dollars 25 dollar setup fees (which I can understand) and still charging me for the other iPhone 6s 16 gb that was supposed to be free. I go to a branch to return them both and say I have to pay a restocking fee. I would love if this could be fixed.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.8K Messages

4 years ago

Promotions have terms that must be met.  

This is the terms of the December BOGO as released to the public.

http://about.att.com/story/two_for_one_deal_on_popular_smartphones.html

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

This isn't what I was told from the salesman or the manager at Hopkinsville Kentucky AT&T. They told me since I was doing an upgrade on two phones I could get the other two phones free. Since they informed me falsely does this mean my contract is null and void?

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.8K Messages

4 years ago

If you didn't add the other 2 lines and aren't getting the credits, then you weren't eligible and won't get them.  

The news brief was clear, can't imagine why it wasn't followed 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
gopher1

Explorer

• 

31 Messages

4 years ago

you are so right and hit the nail on the head. You explained the problem very well. Keep making your point and complaining

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I too have had this same issue.  I went in to buy ONE Iphone 6 in Dec. 2015 and the sales guy talked me into the BOGO plan.  I reluctantly agreed because I was happy to keep using my Iphone 5.   I noticed the billing for the 2nd Iphone the very first montha nd called and was told the billing for that 2nd phone goes away after a few months.   After about 5 months, I called and was told there was an issue with how it was setup and that I would have to go into the store to fix it.  I went into the store, waited 2 hours and they manager sent me home and said he would personally call me that he was sorry I had to wait so long.  He never called and when I called back (2 weeks later) they said he wasn't the store manager, that he had been deployed in the military.  Okay, so the new manager hears the story and promises (yeah right) to call and submit this issue for investigation. I call after a week of not hearing anything and he says that he submitted it and they will call me back in 2-3 weeks.  I never got the call.  Today, I'm on the phone with AT&T and they say they can only credit me a portion of the 2nd phone because the original guy set me up on the wrong plan.  So I wanted 1 phone; was talked into 2 phones with a BOGO and b/c he set me up on the wrong installment plan they are going to short pay me for the 2nd phone.  I'm now on hold to talk to a supervisor who says she can only credit me for part of the phone.  I'm livid.....what a bait and switch.    DO NOT TRUST THE SALESMEN

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Not solved.  I purchased two phones in Sept (BOGO).  It has been 5 months and I have had a $25.00 payment on both phones for a total of $250 dollars and not 1 credit yet.  What happen to after 2 or 3 billing cycles.  Why two or three?

Computer system don't work that way.  If the system is set up for 2 than it would start after 2.  If the system is set up for 3 than it would start after 3.  It would not be 2 or 3.  So it has been 5 billing cycles and no credits.  I have to ask, are you do your accounts by pencil and paper?  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I purchased two phones in Sept 2016 (BOGO).  It has been 5 months and I have had a $25.00 payment on both phones for a total of $250 dollars and not 1 credit yet.  What happen to after 2 or 3 billing cycles.  Why two or three?

Computer system don't work that way.  If the system is set up for 2 than it would start after 2.  If the system is set up for 3 than it would start after 3.  It would not be 2 or 3.  So it has been 5 billing cycles and no credits.  I have to ask, are you do your accounts by pencil and paper?

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

4 years ago

@rjpitt1 If you would like some assistance, there are some questions we need answers to:

1. What kind of phones were EACH of them? (2 answers)

2. Have your been late for any of your payments?

3. How many new lines at AT&T did you PORT IN at the time of purchase?

4. What SPECIFIC date did you purchase EACH phone?

5. Specifically, which Next plans were EACH of the phones on? Please check the # of payments on your bill for this.  WHICH one was plan?

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.8K Messages

4 years ago

@rjpitt1 wrote:

I purchased two phones in Sept 2016 (BOGO).  It has been 5 months and I have had a $25.00 payment on both phones for a total of $250 dollars and not 1 credit yet.  What happen to after 2 or 3 billing cycles.  Why two or three?

September?    There was no Bogo in September, October or November  for postpaid.  There was a Gophone Bogo from July 18 to September 22.  (Gophone requires a full price purchase from the listed gophones.

The postpaid Bogo was from July 14 to August 31.   Then again from December 16 to December 24th.   

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I purchased two iPhone 6 s plus actually on Aug 31. I was told by AT&T during a chat that if I switched from Verizon and if I purchased the phones that night right than and there that they would qualify for buy one get one free. I have not been late on any payments. Two lines. ATT Next Plan. First payment Oct. last payment Feb that is 5 months. It has been more than three months without any credits on my.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I purchased two iPhone 6 s plus actually on Aug 31. I was told by AT&T during a chat that if I switched from Verizon and if I purchased the phones that night right than and there that they would qualify for buy one get one free. I have not been late on any payments. Two lines. ATT Next Plan. First payment Oct. last payment Feb that is 5 months. It has been more than three months without any credits on my.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.8K Messages

4 years ago

Please check your receipt.  The only thing I can see missing, is the sale may have been dated September 1.  

If all else was correct, please send a message to @ATTMobilityCare. Through the forum and ask for review of the purchase.   

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

My first AT&T bill shows a bill cycle of
Bill Cycle Date: 08/31/16 - 10/03/16

8/31/2016 is shown as the start of the bill cycle

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I had the same problem. Contacting customer support is a vain effort for resolution.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

I saw an offer while lookin' thru myAT&T that said the bogo using Next (which we have) could be done w/ iPhone 7Plus...
What happened to that???

Get started...

Ask a new question