Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Jan 13, 2016 7:04 PM

When will I receive credits for Apple BOGO promo?

So I was told I would get a buy one get one on my phone. Get iPhone 6s Plus 64gb and was told I could get a 25 dollar credit per month to pay for another phone as long as I paid a $20 extra line fee. Get my first bill and the extra line is more than 30 dollars 25 dollar setup fees (which I can understand) and still charging me for the other iPhone 6s 16 gb that was supposed to be free. I go to a branch to return them both and say I have to pay a restocking fee. I would love if this could be fixed.

Responses

T-Boy

Scholar

• 

105 Messages

4 years ago

Glimmerman76 wrote

sorry in this case its a best buy problem first then a ATT problem.  Best buy has training problems in some stores.  I did a bogo at a best buy and got my credits in 2 months time.  The reps knew the plans and things went good.  The problem is training period at both companies.  But its like that on all cell providers.  I looked at tmobile over the weekend and the company owned store employees had no idea what they were talking about.

OK, customer goes to Best Buy for a Bogo offer. He is placed on a 24 month payment plan instead of 30 months. It takes several months and 5 phone calls for someone to realize a 24 month payment plan does not qualify for Bogo. (Forget about WHY 24 months is different than 30 months when the customer is paying the same amount).

So why doesn't Att correct the payment plan to 30 months and all is fine.

No, Att says we are not responsible for our agent that we contracted to sell for us. So what we can do is charge you $650 extra for a phone you thought was free.

You have to know the customer was explained the Bogo incorrectly because no one would pay $650 extra and increased monthly payments on purpose.

A company comparing itself to someone worse is not good customer service.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

4 years ago

@T-Boy wrote:

Glimmerman76 wrote

sorry in this case its a best buy problem first then a ATT problem.  Best buy has training problems in some stores.  I did a bogo at a best buy and got my credits in 2 months time.  The reps knew the plans and things went good.  The problem is training period at both companies.  But its like that on all cell providers.  I looked at tmobile over the weekend and the company owned store employees had no idea what they were talking about.

OK, customer goes to Best Buy for a Bogo offer. He is placed on a 24 month payment plan instead of 30 months. It takes several months and 5 phone calls for someone to realize a 24 month payment plan does not qualify for Bogo. (Forget about WHY 24 months is different than 30 months when the customer is paying the same amount).

So why doesn't Att correct the payment plan to 30 months and all is fine.

No, Att says we are not responsible for our agent that we contracted to sell for us. So what we can do is charge you $650 extra for a phone you thought was free.

You have to know the customer was explained the Bogo incorrectly because no one would pay $650 extra and increased monthly payments on purpose.

A company comparing itself to someone worse is not good customer service.

@T-Boy

and ATT did something they changed the name of the payment plans

When it says next its the 30 month payment plane

When it says ATT next every year then its 24 months.

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/next.html

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

But how much longer will I be charged installment on this phone? It is charging me every month and only been credited three times. So I'm being charged for 9 bills and still being billed. So I'm being billed $25 a month every month instead of it being taken off

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

The store employee who initiated the BOGO transaction contacted ATT upline customer service personnel to clarify on the eligible models, and received confirmation that iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6S and 6S Plus were all eligible.  This was done as a result of the promotion details containing unspecific information, i.e. "only SELECT models are eligible".  Fast forward 7 months and numerous inquiries later with no progress on credit refunds, CS apologetically informed that the Dec promotion was the first of its kind and misinformation dissemination took place at the time.  Subsequent promotions have improved wording in the fine prints.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.5K Messages

4 years ago

@kewest5560

@kewest5560 wrote:
But how much longer will I be charged installment on this phone? It is charging me every month and only been credited three times. So I'm being charged for 9 bills and still being billed. So I'm being billed $25 a month every month instead of it being taken off

Yes, you will be charged every month for the free phone.  A credit for 1/30th of the maximum allowed amount is applied each month to offset the installment 

please read the offer details.

image.jpeg

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.5K Messages

4 years ago

@TKTran102

The iPhone 6s or 6s plus were eligible, not the iPhone 6.  The free phone had to be on a new line and financed with Next 24. 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Yes understanding the details and terms are important, That is the reps job to explain how the promo works, If the rep fully explained the terms and details maybe she would've been satisfied

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Honestly I am considering switching to sprint, I know a handful of people who have the service and don't have to wait for a service credit to kick in 2 or 3 billing cycles, Even have the note 7 edge bogo deal and get s7 edge or s 7 free, iPhone bogo is available as well

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Unfortunately, back in mid-Dec 2015 ATT upline CS provided mis-information to store rep that ALL models of iPhone 6 (and 6S) along with a Samsung S-type device were eligible, and the rep followed the guidelines accordingly.  The impetus for confirming with ATT upline CS was the wording in the promotion literature "select models eligible".  Subsequent promotions were more specific in terms of device eligibility.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.5K Messages

4 years ago

The list was on the website in December and repeated by other sites like the one below.  Every Mac Rumors or Apple fan site specifically mentions the 6s only.

image.jpeg

http://www.phonedog.com/2015/12/11/att-launches-buy-one-get-one-free-promo-galaxy-flagships-iphone-6s

image.png

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Buy 1 get 1 free is a joke!!!

Got conned by the salesman during this promotion in December.  Got a new line and did an upgrade with my exisiting line, paid for the installments as planned; now I decided to pay off the installment balance on one line and cancel it so it can be an independent line by itself and was told that oh you would still need to pay the $21.67 on the other line.  For the past 2 days I have spent over 6+ hours of talk time from reps in the US + elsewhere AND also their Retention dept to no avail.  All Im being told is that is in the contact and Im certainly not seeing it on the credit sale contact I got online + instore at the time of purchase.  

THIS IS RIDICULOS!  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I have had the same experience.  Come to find out I unknowingly switched from the Next plan.  I chatted with ATT and even offered to pay the diiference on the plan to straighten it out.  I was told that since the promotion ended, they can't do anything.  I don't believe that.  I have been a faithful customer of ATT for over 10 years.  If they can not work with me, I will have to cancel my account with them after I pay an extra $650 for the second phone.  I will also need to cancel my internet and home phone with them.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I agree. Why would we knowingly make a mistake that would cost us $650?  They would not work with me.  I even offered to pay the difference for the Next plan to straighten it out.  I am disappointed that there is a "gotcha" to the deal.  This is not customer service.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I am having the same issue with AT&T after being a customer for 13 years. I purchased the Galaxy S7 buy one get one free promo from a corporate store and was totally lied to. AT&T does not stand behind their store representatives. It has been a constant battle every month. This month the rep I was chatting with was very nasty to me. I am tired of spending hours every month arguing for my credit. I will never fall for this scam again. Every time I make a change I pay for it for months. My next change will be to a new company. I went from 238 a month to close to 300. If this is how they are going to treat their loyal customers I am so done. 

smicon

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

4 years ago

Call the corporate office.

Get started...

Ask a new question