Need help understanding your bill?
tahner1189's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, January 13th, 2016 7:04 PM

When will I receive credits for Apple BOGO promo?

So I was told I would get a buy one get one on my phone. Get iPhone 6s Plus 64gb and was told I could get a 25 dollar credit per month to pay for another phone as long as I paid a $20 extra line fee. Get my first bill and the extra line is more than 30 dollars 25 dollar setup fees (which I can understand) and still charging me for the other iPhone 6s 16 gb that was supposed to be free. I go to a branch to return them both and say I have to pay a restocking fee. I would love if this could be fixed.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@TKTran102 wrote:

I too participated in the BOGO in Dec 2015...  Credits never came after 3 billing cycles.  Store personnel contacted customer service on my behalf, and received answer that credit would come the next billing cycle.  No improvements, so I returned to store and this time the cooperation level decilined with a claim that the devices were not listed in the store inventory sheet.  I then personally inquired with customer service who informed that a resolution will take place in 1-2 billing cycles.  Again no improvement nor update from customer service.  Subsequent inquiries resulted in similar delay tactics, until finally on 21Jul2016 after no changes in installment payments for 7 months, a customer service rep determined that the devices purchased were not eligible.  Only problem is that at the time of activation back in Dec 2015, ATT had confirmed that the devices were eligible.  Otherwise I would not have participated.  All in all, it appears BOGO is a scam to entrap customer into a long-term commitment (30-month) to pay full price for products and services under the disguise of buy-1 get-1-free, with no intention to honor the promotion benefits by changing the terms after a long period of time when promotion info and details are no longer available to the general public.

we did the bogo last month with the s7 active and the credits are already on our bill for the free s7.  Now I did make sure I followed the fine print step by step with the best buy rep.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

@TKTran102

Whenever something doesn't happen as expected, the first thing I do is read the instructions again to see if I missed something.   (Lately with the Blue Apron recipes rated 'expert')

The BOGO offer was different each time.  The one is December was the most restrictive and specific on which phones could be used for the BOGO.  

The phones had to be the same model and you had 4 models to pick from.  Some people picked the wrong model or mixed and matched, which was not allowed in the December or February offer.

Mentor

• 

53 Messages

8 years ago

Call the Corporate HQ and complain; that's how I eventually got mine.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Customer for 6 years never had an issue until the BOGO deal. We was at Walmart just looking at phone because my husband was thinking of upgrading his iPhone 5s. Well the salesman was really polite and he told us that he had 14 years of experience. He said if we wanted to upgrade his phone that he could upgrade mine for free. Bogo deal. I have not seen any credits on my bill. I didn't even need a phone but the salesman was like you can't pass up a bogo free. No mention of all these rules was ever mentioned? Was I mislead and lied too? Just so I would sign for two phones that I didn't need???

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

@Shockkatie3

@Shockkatie3 wrote:
Customer for 6 years never had an issue until the BOGO deal. We was at Walmart just looking at phone because my husband was thinking of upgrading his iPhone 5s. Well the salesman was really polite and he told us that he had 14 years of experience. He said if we wanted to upgrade his phone that he could upgrade mine for free. Bogo deal. I have not seen any credits on my bill. I didn't even need a phone but the salesman was like you can't pass up a bogo free. No mention of all these rules was ever mentioned? Was I mislead and lied too? Just so I would sign for two phones that I didn't need???

If you upgraded 2 existing lines, you are not eligible for the free phone.  Walmart apparently doesn't pay attention to the promotional requirements. 

Sample of the the bogo requirement below.  Note the arrows point to where you have to add a new line not get the free phone.  And the bill credits to offset the phone are applied to the account.  (Bottom of step 3)

image.jpeg

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

8 years ago

NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Actually went through AT&T for the promotion.  Yep - she said we could have anyone of the memories!  So I went with the middle priced phone - redid my sons line that I could have cancelled.  Guess what - AT&T apparently does not stand by their salespeople who give us the wrong info and then they don't even stand behind a customer who has been with them for over 20 years!  WATCH YOUR BACK - THEY ARE LIARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Amen....we upgraded three phones and purchased a new line and I was told we could purchase two phones and get two free and 9 installment payments later we are still being billed installments for every phone. I am very frustrated and thinking of reporting them to the better business Bureau for their false advertisement and after confirmation by the salesman as well as manager that two phones were free we are not happy. We were even dumb enough to add on directv and unified billing. Very unhappy 

Scholar

• 

105 Messages

8 years ago

Lizdance40 wrote:

If you purchased at Best Buy and they missrepredented the offer, why is it ATTs fault?   Your complaint needs to be addressed to Best Buy.  They get all the details of all the promotions from all the carriers, and fill out the paperwork.  They only had the right to provide one free phone for each new line if you bought a full price phone on an existing line.  The free phone had to be on Next 24, 30 month installments.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because Best Buy is the agent for Att. The customer pays Att not Best Buy.  If you can't see there is a problem with a plan that has so many hoops to jump through that even the sales people for Att can't explain it correctly you are only making excuses for Att..

What you have is a company that has a plan that is easily confused and when a problem happens they refuse to address the issue. Even if you follow all the rules why can't Att get the credit issued after 4 months and multiple calls to customer service.

The Free phone has to be on 30 months that is titled Next 24. If they place you on 24 months you have to pay for both phones. Then change the customer to the 30 month plan and give them the credits on time. Or knock something off the bill to equal the bill out. Many ways to correct errors and save a loyal customer that Att chooses make mad instead.

If the plan is set up wrong then correct it. Att's answer is you should have read all the details and not depend on our sales people not explaining it correctly to make a sale.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@T-Boy wrote:

@lizdance40 wrote:

If you purchased at Best Buy and they missrepredented the offer, why is it ATTs fault?   Your complaint needs to be addressed to Best Buy.  They get all the details of all the promotions from all the carriers, and fill out the paperwork.  They only had the right to provide one free phone for each new line if you bought a full price phone on an existing line.  The free phone had to be on Next 24, 30 month installments.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because Best Buy is the agent for Att. The customer pays Att not Best Buy.  If you can't see there is a problem with a plan that has so many hoops to jump through that even the sales people for Att can't explain it correctly you are only making excuses for Att..

What you have is a company that has a plan that is easily confused and when a problem happens they refuse to address the issue. Even if you follow all the rules why can't Att get the credit issued after 4 months and multiple calls to customer service.

The Free phone has to be on 30 months that is titled Next 24. If they place you on 24 months you have to pay for both phones. Then change the customer to the 30 month plan and give them the credits on time. Or knock something off the bill to equal the bill out. Many ways to correct errors and save a loyal customer that Att chooses make mad instead.

If the plan is set up wrong then correct it. Att's answer is you should have read all the details and not depend on our sales people not explaining it correctly to make a sale.

@T-Boy

sorry in this case its a best buy problem first then a ATT problem.  Best buy has training problems in some stores.  I did a bogo at a best buy and got my credits in 2 months time.  The reps knew the plans and things went good.  The problem is training period at both companies.  But its like that on all cell providers.  I looked at tmobile over the weekend and the company owned store employees had no idea what they were talking about.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

@kewest5560

@kewest5560 wrote:

Amen....we upgraded three phones and purchased a new line and I was told we could purchase two phones and get two free and 9 installment payments later we are still being billed installments for every phone. I am very frustrated and thinking of reporting them to the better business Bureau for their false advertisement and after confirmation by the salesman as well as manager that two phones were free we are not happy. We were even dumb enough to add on directv and unified billing. Very unhappy 

That would be correct.  Read the fine print in post 5.  You will be billed for every installment on each of the 4 phones.  You will get a credit on the new line to offset the installment, up to the $$$ limit of the offer at the time of purchase, if the total credit will equal $650 on an $850 phone, you will see a $21.66 credit against the $28.33 installment.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.