Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
A

• 

25.7K Messages

Saturday, June 16th, 2018 3:21 PM

What's your word worth?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

You might want to try reading that legal agreement. It specifically says ATT can change the price and if they do, they will let you out of any contract without paying a penalty. Since ATT quit doing 2 year service obligations over 2 years ago, it is highly unlikely you are under a service contract but if you are, you can cancel with no penalty.

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

I'm not under any contract and yes, I've read the fine print. If I am an unlimited internet customer then obviously I haven't been under contract for several years, none of which is the core of my issue or intent of my post. Since this is one of the only ways to communicate with AT&T, I am forced to use a public forum in hope AT&T Customer Care responds.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

6 years ago

So what is the core issue?

And have you priced the new plans.  

I just did a price comparison on Facebook for someone paying 39.99 for legacy nationwide, $10 text, and $40 data, before tax $89.  He couldn’t figure out why he could get MORE, for $80 or almost the same, with some more, for $65.  

But he can.  Once explained he went and changed his plan to the Choice plan to see if he gets any slow data before he tries Plus.  He travels to Mexico often and that alone will save him a few hundred bucks

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

6 years ago

For your records.  Here is ATT’s “WORD” (which hasn’t changed)

https://www.att.com/legal/terms.wirelessCustomerAgreement.html#canAttChangeMyTermsRates

We may change any terms, conditions, rates, fees, expenses, or charges regarding your Services at any time. We will provide you with notice of material changes (other than changes to governmental fees, proportional charges for governmental mandates, roaming rates or administrative charges) either in your monthly bill or separately. You understand and agree that State and Federal Universal Service Fees and other governmentally imposed fees, whether or not assessed directly upon you, may be increased based upon the government's or our calculations.

IF WE INCREASE THE PRICE OF ANY OF THE SERVICES TO WHICH YOU SUBSCRIBE, BEYOND THE LIMITS SET FORTH IN YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUMMARY, OR IF WE MATERIALLY DECREASE THE GEOGRAPHICAL AREA IN WHICH YOUR AIRTIME RATE APPLIES (OTHER THAN A TEMPORARY DECREASE FOR REPAIRS OR MAINTENANCE), WE'LL DISCLOSE THE CHANGE AT LEAST ONE BILLING CYCLE IN ADVANCE (EITHER THROUGH A NOTICE WITH YOUR BILL, A TEXT MESSAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, OR OTHERWISE), AND YOU MAY TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT WITHOUT PAYING AN EARLY TERMINATION FEE OR RETURNING OR PAYING FOR ANY PROMOTIONAL ITEMS, PROVIDED YOUR NOTICE OF TERMINATION IS DELIVERED TO US WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS AFTER THE FIRST BILL REFLECTING THE CHANGE.

If you lose your eligibility for a particular rate plan, we may change your rate plan to one for which you qualify.

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

Perfect...exactly why I don't use social media and cringed at the thought of posting on a forum in order to gain a customer service contact. Thank you for the "stressed" capitalization. Thank you for what I will take as sarcasm. Not sure why customers are on here providing answers when my post was clearly address to members of the leadership team. Its unreal how humans talk to other humans when hiding behind a keyboard. I'm sure your tone would change had this conversation taken place in a grocery store line.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

That is because this is a customer to customer forum. Even though there is a small customer support team that may respond, this forum is generally not a way to contact customer support. Your weren’t really expecting to reach any executive, were you? If that is your goal, file an FCC complaint. That complaint will result in someone from ATT’s Office of the President contacting you. You can then present your conditions personally. 

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

I was trying to reach an executive...all in good humor though. Its funny how much AT&T loathes the grandfathered unlimited internet customers. My demands were meant to be lighthearted. Using another route, I have had several members from The Office of The President (too funny) call me. Unfortunately, I am way off their timezone and the number doesn't allow callbacks. Guess this isn't the best route to take either. Thanks for the response.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

I don’t think it is just the grandfathered unlimited customers, it really is all about getting rid of the old plans. Remember, you are on an old minute plan too so it’s not just the data plan, it’s the minute and text plans they must maintain too. It is very costly to maintain old plans and I suspect the only customers still on the old plans are those with the unlimited data, which is why that is the plan that keeps increasing. They have not raised the price on the minute plan or text plan ever, right? 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

6 years ago

Typical.  🤨

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.