Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
Help for account, billing & more
F

• 

8 Messages

Sun, Oct 17, 2021 7:15 AM

What number can I call to reach a live person from Singapore?

Basically I'm given the run around because I do not have a Social Security number, am in Singapore (+12 hours ahead) and need to speak to someone about cancelling my AT&T wireless because I no longer need it (too expensive compared to Singapore wireless providers). I have tried 3 different numbers today. So far this service experience is appalling!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

90.6K Messages

2 m ago

+1.314.925.6925 is the 24/7 postpaid number which is free for travelers from your AT&T phone.  You must call to cancel postpaid service. 

+1.408.962.1025 is the prepaid number.  You have to ask them to turn off auto pay.    * If you used AT&T prepaid, this is a self-managed service and you should have turned off auto pay in your prepaid account before you left the country. 

• 

8 Messages

2 m ago

Thanks, I tried the postpaid number but got nowhere because I did not have a Social Security number to get a passcode and some of the selections led to dead ends. I finally tried Technical Help (I cam not sure, it was several hours ago) and I got another number 1 888 898 7685 and that was a dry well, but I got another number to try, 1 800 722 3481.

Actually, to tell the truth I am so mixed up I cannot recall the sequence of the calls, which selections I made to finally get someone and automated answers.

Basically I will have to try during office hours in the USA.

But thanks for trying to help.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

54.5K Messages

2 m ago

The 314 number is the right one to call. Not sure why you think a different 800 number will be different, they all go to the same system. You shouldn’t even be able to call an 800 numbers from Singapore.

ACE - Sage

• 

90.6K Messages

2 m ago

If you did not have a SS#, it's likely you were not postpaid, but prepaid? 

Prepaid renews every 30 days.  Which means the auto pay date shifts any month without exactly 30 days.  Prepaid requires payment in advance, and no phone installments are permitted.   If this sounds correct, you call the 408 number. 

800 numbers do not work abroad

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

54.5K Messages

2 m ago

@lizdance40 The OP sure makes it sound like they’ve been using the service in Singapore, so that wouldn’t be prepaid and of course, an SSN is not actually required for postpaid.

• 

8 Messages

2 m ago

Actually mine is postpaid as I was using it in the USA for a few years before coming our.

Yes, I can see that they route the calls to the same departments no matter the number(s), BUT that has not helped me.

I will just have to stay up and call them until I find someone who might be able to help.

ACE - Sage

• 

90.6K Messages

2 m ago

Then the 314 number is correct. 

You must call to cancel 

• 

8 Messages

2 m ago

I called 1 800722 3481 on Skype.

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

10.5K Messages

2 m ago

If you're going to call an 800 number, use 800 331-0500. At the prompt say "Cancel service." Have you tried that already?

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.