Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Give Mom a virtual hug with our Mother's Day Gift Guide.
WeirdTextMsg's profile

• 

1 Message

Mon, Jan 12, 2015 11:17 AM

Weird Text Msg

At 4:15am Central Time today, I received a text message from *** from ***@ufa.net with the subject line "Cops".  Of course I didn't open the link, but just wondering if anyone else received a text like this?  I'm sure it's not good whoever its from and I'll be deleting it soon.

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Responses

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.7K Messages

6 y ago

Hi @WeirdTextMsg Thank you for posting!

I'm not familiar with this number or address, but this is obviously some kind of spam. In most cases they're being sent to randomly generated phone numbers, and on your end, it's best to just ignore and delete it.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Get started...

Ask a new question