Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Charles Junior's profile

Scholar

• 

210 Messages

Sunday, October 5th, 2014 6:09 PM

Weird Incoming Private Call

Hello! Received an incoming private call that uses a ‘Plus’ symbol first then the same local area code (3) three numbers and then (8) eight more number’(s). For example, +xxxxxxxxxxx. (12) twelve in total. Thanks.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

10 years ago

I have received these types of calls many times. If you have a iPhone you can block the number. This maybe a domestic call or possibly international. Call centers can dial out and change their numbers. I have received many calls from so called "bill collectors" with my area code but when I look up the company there are either several states from me or on the other side of the nation. Only thing you can do is either change your number (which I am sure is not an option) or block (iPhone's) the number as they come in. Sorry I can't be more of help. 

Scholar

• 

210 Messages

10 years ago

Hello! Thanks for your reply. This is the first time experiencing a private call that was ‘Blocked’ and used a (12) digit telephone number. And since using so many digits caused concerns. Most other random ‘Private’ call’(s) not recognized use the normal count of digits. For example, xxx-xxx-xxxx (10) ten total with out the (+) Plus symbol from the first set of digits. For example, 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx when dialing an out of area code phone number of long distance.

Even then those ‘Out of Area’ or ‘Long Distance’ phone calls only normally used a total of (11) eleven digits.

Scholar

• 

124 Messages

10 years ago

I've had 12 digit numbers pop up like that on my home phone, which I also thought was weird and just didn't answer, never on my cell phone though. A lot of newer smartphones have the ability to add numbers to a reject list. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and I can long press on the number in my call log and send it to a reject list, that way I won't get calls from that number again.

Scholar

• 

210 Messages

10 years ago

Hello! Thanks for your reply. Just wondering if a ‘Skype’ incoming call would produce a weird (12) twelve digit phone number like that? Thanks.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

The telemarketers will try anything to get you to bite. The latest is to use your own name & number. Just got one this am.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.