Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
josephjordan919's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, April 17th, 2015 3:52 PM

Warranty Department returned my phone with a cracked screen that was not there when i sent it

I need your help forum. As a ten year customer with four phone lines on my plan i would expect better from ATT. I own a Nokia 1520 which was experienceing some software problems. The volume would randomly inicrease and the screen would freeze. I contacted ATT and was told that the phone was under warranty and i could send it in for a replacement. I did this after going to a local ATT store here in St. Louis, who were unable to assist with the problem. They sent me to the Window's store. Although helpful, they too were also unable to solve the problem. ATT sent me a replacement for my phone. I then repackaged my phone, using the same box and materials they had sent me. Three weeks after later, my phone was returned to me with a cracked screen and a bill for $529.00. I contacted warranty and explained that i did not send the phone to them with a cracked screen. I also explained that i had been paying for insurance on the phone and if there had been a cracked screen, i would have sent it to insurance for a replacement. I sent it to waranty because i assumed it was a manufacturer issue and/or a software problem. I spoke with Ryan from warranty who explained that there was nothing he could do because my shipping box did not look damaged on the "pictures". what? I asked for him to send me these picture. i am still waiting for them to arrive in my inbox. What is my recourse here? I did not send a damaged phone to ATT. I did not have a cracked screen. I do not have $529 (now applied to my upcoming bill). Their repsonse was basically "oh well. sorry to do this to you, but that is what we have to do." This is more than unacceptable. it feels like i am being scammed. Help???

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there! @josephjordan919  thanks for posting your warranty concerns. I’m sorry to hear you’ve had issues with this. We’ll be happy to reach out to you and see what options we may have. Please send me a private message by Clicking Here and include the following information:

Your cellular or account number

Your full name

The best date and time to contact you

Thanks!

Charise

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

joseph

Account # ****

4.27.15 - 4.429.15 between 9:00am and 11:00am (CST)

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

9 years ago

You suppose to send private message by clicking link that Charise made for you in her post. Never post personal info in public forums.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I'm interested to hear if you were able to get this resolved? I've had an experience very similar to yours. Our phone also had software issues and were told we could return it under warranty. After receiving the replacement phone we packaged our phone using the packaging materials/instructions. We were told the screen was cracked when it was received but we did not send it back with a crack.I've had no success trying to get the large charge lifted. I'm curious if others have had similar experiences?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I've been talking to at&t for two weeks now about that same problem. I spoke with six different people there about this crack in my phone that was'nt there when I sent it to them but it sure enough came back to me with one along with a $549.00 price tag. I got the same response, "oh well". They treat us as though we're at their mercy. Not going to take it !!!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

8 years ago

Follow the same directions as were given to the OP...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.