AT&T Community Forums
Mlor12

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Jun 7, 2018 6:56 PM

Closed

Visual Voicemail Charge

I am being charge a fee for visual voicemail, but I have not even signed up for it. One day, that visual voicemail just appeared on my phone and after I complained about it to the technicians online they deleted it from my phone with an update. I know of multiple people have had this done to also. AT&T will not reimburse me or take it out of my bill.  They have been charging me $40.00 a month on my account.

Responses

Mentor

• 

71 Messages

2 years ago

Aren't you the guy who was upset that someone called you a liar, and now you've accused me several times of being a criminal and after doing that you call me a hypocrite? You're a real piece of work. You should try a modeof thought other than contention sometime.

The reason a data plan is required for a smart device is that the SIM card needs to be registered differently than a flip phone for security reasons. It does not mean you need to buy data, and the reason I have plenty of money to spend is because I have none to waste.

You are ATT employed trying to force me to buy data on a forum and you are arguing against me that the industry has been pushing data use through borderline illegitimate means? That's also rich.

Fortunately, I happen to know that ATT business practices are not guided by your style of 'customer service', so that the multiple services we buy from ATT are not likely to go to any of the various competeing services.

This next bit is for rational people and not aimed at you. The problem with the VVM service is that people managing limited data plans are the most likely to benefit from it. Even though Voicemail in general is on the way out, one of the main markets and uses is for people who need to respond quickly to job interviews as practices of older business people tend to rely on Voicemail. These are the people who most need the service, these are the people who least need additional stressors, and these are the people who usually have limited data plans. These are also the last people you want to frustrate. The potential for VVM to become a truly free service for all customers by eliminating the stress involved with using it on a limited data plan could be a great marketing advantage to ATT over the competitors, where VVM is creating much more confusion due to the even worse deployments of the service in those cases. ATT is the closest to getting it right.

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

2 years ago

@lizdance40

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the person posting is a non att customer {keep it courteous} one of the 2

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Mentor

• 

71 Messages

2 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 @lizdance40 {keep it courteous}

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

2 years ago

@MarkLeavenworth wrote:

Aren't you the guy who was upset that someone called you a liar, and now you've accused me several times of being a criminal and after doing that you call me a hypocrite? You're a real piece of work. You should try a modeof thought other than contention sometime.

The reason a data plan is required for a smart device is that the SIM card needs to be registered differently than a flip phone for security reasons. It does not mean you need to buy data, and the reason I have plenty of money to spend is because I have none to waste.

You are ATT employed trying to force me to buy data on a forum and you are arguing against me that the industry has been pushing data use through borderline illegitimate means? That's also rich.

Fortunately, I happen to know that ATT business practices are not guided by your style of 'customer service', so that the multiple services we buy from ATT are not likely to go to any of the various competeing services.

This next bit is for rational people and not aimed at you. The problem with the VVM service is that people managing limited data plans are the most likely to benefit from it. Even though Voicemail in general is on the way out, one of the main markets and uses is for people who need to respond quickly to job interviews as practices of older business people tend to rely on Voicemail. These are the people who most need the service, these are the people who least need additional stressors, and these are the people who usually have limited data plans. These are also the last people you want to frustrate. The potential for VVM to become a truly free service for all customers by eliminating the stress involved with using it on a limited data plan could be a great marketing advantage to ATT over the competitors, where VVM is creating much more confusion due to the even worse deployments of the service in those cases. ATT is the closest to getting it right.

@MarkLeavenworth

@lizdance40 is a woman and is not employed by ATT as you can clearly read at the bottom of her posts....

I guess you missed the att q1 results where att says over 75% of people are on plans with no overages or unlimited data...  Verizon is posting similar results...  I pay less than 33.00 bucks a line for unlimited data so to me data is cheap.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Taylarie

• 

4.4K Messages

2 years ago

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Get started...

Ask a new question