Need help understanding your bill?
Mlor12's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, June 7th, 2018 6:56 PM

Closed

Visual Voicemail Charge

I am being charge a fee for visual voicemail, but I have not even signed up for it. One day, that visual voicemail just appeared on my phone and after I complained about it to the technicians online they deleted it from my phone with an update. I know of multiple people have had this done to also. AT&T will not reimburse me or take it out of my bill.  They have been charging me $40.00 a month on my account.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

No, you are being charged a line access fee for the phone.  VVM is FREE.  The notation on the line is for provisioning only.  You can remove visual voicemail but it will not change your line fee.

since you mention it’s $40, you probably also have an out of contract discount, just like I do.  Look for a line that says “discount for access” -$15 or -$25.  

EEFDF5B5-2661-4C0A-9BC5-5E2D80175491.jpeg

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

No VVM is not free and I can show you how my bill jumped from one hundred dollars and something to even more than that now. So, don't tell me that this is free, IT IS A CHARGE A FEE. After I spoke to the technician about it and his/her superior, they sent an update to my phone and shut the visual voicemail down. My phone was automatically updated from AT&T after my dispute with this fee. You are a liar. I have snapshots of that visual voicemail update. You need to take that fee away and reimburse me.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Mlor12 First off, the response you got was from another customer and @lizdance40 is absolutely right, there is no charge for visual voicemail. Very rude to call someone a liar, especially when they aren’t lieing but giving you an honest answer. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Then tell me why did you guys deactivate the access for the visual voicemail after my complaint? I took photos of it, showing how it became inactivated after my dispute. So, STOP!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Mlor12 Quit saying “you guys”, we are customers too. Yes, visual voicemail can be deactivated but whether you have it active or not, there is no charge for it.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Maybe this is not the site for me to complain about this fee because it is a fee. It popped up out of nowhere and after my complaint it is gone. Poof. I am not so sure that you are a loyal customer trying to help me, so therefore, I will seek it somewhere else like facebook or instagram or twitter to see if other people feel the same way I do. Bye. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

6 years ago

@Mlor12

Geesh, did you even look at the photo of my bill showing the ‘Access for smartphone w/4G LTE and VVM’?   

You said support took off the VVM, but the $40 charge is still there.

Is the ‘access for smartphone/iPhone .....”. Also still there?   Gee, why do you suppose?

FYI this is an old subject.  Your lack of understanding does not make us wrong.

you don’t have to take a customers word.... https://forums.att.com/t5/Data-Messaging-Features-Internet/Visual-voicemail/m-p/4066674

https://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-Billing/Voicemail-charge/m-p/5247532#M123729

• 

25.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Mlor12 visual voicemail doesnt cost anything and nobody here can make changes to your account. We are just customers and dont even knowyour phone number to make changes even if we had the ability to. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Mlor12 wrote:

Maybe this is not the site for me to complain about this fee because it is a fee. It popped up out of nowhere and after my complaint it is gone. Poof. I am not so sure that you are a loyal customer trying to help me, so therefore, I will seek it somewhere else like facebook or instagram or twitter to see if other people feel the same way I do. Bye. 

Just show us screen shots of your bill before and after (redacted personal info) and maybe we can give a different answer. 

However, based on the information provided, you are misunderstanding the charges.

Mentor

• 

71 Messages

6 years ago

I was very upset about the need to turn cellular data ON to access and download Visual Voicemails, and then OFF again to prevent unwanted data usage. It is a difficult thing to have to turn cellular data ON and OFF for a convenience feature, and the risk of data overages makes the whole thing seem like a scam. It's a tragedy because the feature is a great improvement. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.