Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Jul 15, 2019 7:01 PM

Using another At&t sim card on a locked, still in contract phone

If I put my At&t sim card into a At&t locked and still in contract phone, would it work? Would it tell me if the phone is unpaid etc.?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34K Messages

6 months ago

If I put my At&t sim card into a At&t locked and still in contract phone, would it work? Yes. Would it tell me if the phone is unpaid etc.? No

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 months ago

But if the owner stops paying the contract phone bill, then the phone would be unusable right?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34K Messages

6 months ago

But if the owner stops paying the contract phone bill, then the phone would be unusable right?

Maybe, maybe not. That all depends on how much they owe on the phone and whether or not ATT blacklists it. In the past, ATT did not blacklist unpaid phones. They have only recently started doing that.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.