For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
limruc's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, September 17th, 2014 8:53 PM

Upgrade phone but keep current text messaging plan

When trying to place an order through the site, I'm able to select my current unlimited data plan but my text messaging plan does not show up. The only options are the unlimited plan and the no text messaging plan.

Okay, so I can't do it online, but when I call in it turns out that no one is able to actually help a customer place an order now. Seriously? The sales departments transfers you to the online purchasing department who transfer you back to sales because they can only help with orders after they've been placed. After an hour on the phone with no progress whatsoever I get accidentally hung up on. THANKS!!

Nice job with the customer service guys.

Who do I need to speak to so I can upgrade my phone and keep the rest of my plan exactly the same? I'm not going to place an order and then get told it's too late to keep my plan now because I've already renewed my contract. I'm not paying $20 a month for unlimited text messages when I only send 20 or so text messages in a month, and I'm not paying $20 a month to send 20 text messages because I don't have a text messaging plan. 

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, limruc!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty keeping your messaging plan when upgrading online. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message with your contact information, the best time to reach you, and a brief summary of the issue.

You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen. In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

No thanks.

It turns out if you order the iphone through apple.com, your current text messaging plan shows up and is able to be kept the same like everything else. I'd suggest anyone who is worried about losing their plan to order there instead of trying to deal with AT&T's horrible customer service.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.