Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
S

• 

4 Messages

Sat, Dec 5, 2020 1:31 PM

upgaded phones and plans, but no "shipping material" that was supposed to be with the phones

I ordered new iphone 12s for all lines on my account and upgraded to unlimited plans as well. The plan is active, i got some of my phones yesterday, but no trace of the "trade-in" that was supposed to be kicked off. the app tells me to start the upgrade process and order a new phone.

what am i missing? can i get shipping labels (or just address and info) so i can send the old phones back and start the trade-in process?

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.4K Messages

2 months ago

The padded envelopes arrive in 2 weeks.   

If you do not receive padded envelopes in 2 weeks, please contact your local corporate store and possibly change your trade-in method to hand-delivered rather than mailed in. The padded envelopes are insufficient packaging for your phone to arrive safely. I would advise you use the label on more secure packaging material. Please make sure your phone is fully charged and off before you mail it out. Keep a record of the tracking number

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

Thank you lizdance. After i posted this, i chatted with ATT, and was sent shipping labels to my email. the label, however, says its an RMA and "Parcel return service" - does that sound accurate? Should i send them out (i'll use my own box/padding/ of course.)

The problem with the 2 weeks, is that it's outside the 2-week return window, and i'm afraid there won't be any recourse if there are issues with that process. I know, i'm probably being paranoid.

Thanks again.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.4K Messages

a month ago

That does not sound correct.   But I have not done this (or any) trade in deal.   

And I don't always trust At&t reps.   

Hang on.  I'll pull up trade in promotion and see if it says more.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.4K Messages

a month ago

Top of this page:  see link.   

https://tradein.att.com/

I don't see any address info.   😕

• 

4 Messages

a month ago

thanks - that is the 'regular' trade-in , not the promotional one where they were offering $700 for anything iphone 8 and above..

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

81.4K Messages

a month ago

Did you read the top?  It is the $700 promotion! 

• 

4 Messages

a month ago

You are correct - whht caught me off guard was that the trade-in amount calculated via the screens above was not $700.

Update: i ended up going to a AT&T store in person, and trading in there. The values still show way less(obviously), but i have been assured that the credit will be for the entire $700.

I was reading too many horror stories about trade-ins gone wrong, and didn't want to chance it.

Now to wait 2-3 cycles for that sweet credit...

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

45.9K Messages

a month ago

The values still show way less(obviously), but i have been assured that the credit will be for the entire $700.

Not unusual. The actual value of the phone may be less but as long as it is at least $95, you get the full $700 credit.

Get started...

Ask a new question