Need help understanding your bill?
S

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, December 5th, 2020 1:31 PM

upgaded phones and plans, but no "shipping material" that was supposed to be with the phones

I ordered new iphone 12s for all lines on my account and upgraded to unlimited plans as well. The plan is active, i got some of my phones yesterday, but no trace of the "trade-in" that was supposed to be kicked off. the app tells me to start the upgrade process and order a new phone.

what am i missing? can i get shipping labels (or just address and info) so i can send the old phones back and start the trade-in process?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

3 years ago

The padded envelopes arrive in 2 weeks.   

If you do not receive padded envelopes in 2 weeks, please contact your local corporate store and possibly change your trade-in method to hand-delivered rather than mailed in. The padded envelopes are insufficient packaging for your phone to arrive safely. I would advise you use the label on more secure packaging material. Please make sure your phone is fully charged and off before you mail it out. Keep a record of the tracking number

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you lizdance. After i posted this, i chatted with ATT, and was sent shipping labels to my email. the label, however, says its an RMA and "Parcel return service" - does that sound accurate? Should i send them out (i'll use my own box/padding/ of course.)

The problem with the 2 weeks, is that it's outside the 2-week return window, and i'm afraid there won't be any recourse if there are issues with that process. I know, i'm probably being paranoid.

Thanks again.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

3 years ago

That does not sound correct.   But I have not done this (or any) trade in deal.   

And I don't always trust At&t reps.   

Hang on.  I'll pull up trade in promotion and see if it says more.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

3 years ago

Top of this page:  see link.   

https://tradein.att.com/

I don't see any address info.   😕

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

thanks - that is the 'regular' trade-in , not the promotional one where they were offering $700 for anything iphone 8 and above..

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

3 years ago

Did you read the top?  It is the $700 promotion! 

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

You are correct - whht caught me off guard was that the trade-in amount calculated via the screens above was not $700.

Update: i ended up going to a AT&T store in person, and trading in there. The values still show way less(obviously), but i have been assured that the credit will be for the entire $700.

I was reading too many horror stories about trade-ins gone wrong, and didn't want to chance it.

Now to wait 2-3 cycles for that sweet credit...

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

The values still show way less(obviously), but i have been assured that the credit will be for the entire $700.

Not unusual. The actual value of the phone may be less but as long as it is at least $95, you get the full $700 credit.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.