We are aware of an outage currently impacting our Mobility users and are working to resolve it ASAP. For the latest info please visit our Service Outage Information page.
We apologize for this incovenience.
Need help understanding your bill?
Gilgamish's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, October 13th, 2014 7:14 PM

Unlocking device - declined

Dears,

I'm gonna make this short by using bullet points.

• I cancelled my 2 wireless numbers on contract (about 3 months) (I'm abroad and will be that way for a long long time).
  • Waited for the final bill, which includes the early termination fees, and settled it.
  • Applied for unlcoking both devices and got declined for both.
  • My final attempt got me issued two cases for both numbers to handle my situation.
  • One went through and I received the unlocking code while the other got declined. Both have the same situation (inputs and everything). No difference.
  • Tried to call the provided number enclosed in the declined reply but I was asked for my account number which I have no clue about. This is the first time to be asked for that number and they could not give me support.

These steps took a long time to complete and several calls, live chat etc.

P.s.: With every call/contact to AT&T, they inform me that the number that got declined is registered as bunsiness. Well I'm not a business and it is not my progrative to whome it goes after I cancelled it.

I meet all the unlocking requirements, hence the acceptance to unlock one of the devices.

What should I do next? 

(it will get declined again if I make another request)

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello @Gilgamish 

Since it's account specific, please send us a private message by clicking here. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached, and our team will be happy to help with whatever we can.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Scholar

• 

152 Messages

9 years ago

Gilgamesh, how did you receive your final bill? Your account number should be included there. Otherwise perhaps it could be looked up using your SS number.

Scholar

• 

397 Messages

9 years ago

Gligamesh--LOL at least your inquiry got the attention of someone from ATT...I submitted both a forum thread and a PM over a week ago asking for someone from ATT Customer Care to get back to me on my unlock request issue...even as of this moment all I hear is crickets.  ATT may do some things consistently well, but customer service is sure not one of them.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

@falfiee wrote:
Gilgamesh, how did you receive your final bill? Your account number should be included there. Otherwise perhaps it could be looked up using your SS number.

Yes. That is a good idea Falfiee. I had my mail forwarded to my brother before going abroad, however, I waited for three weeks and nothing came. Probably a mix up in mail or something. I was able to enquire and then settle the amount through live chat. ATT agents helped me plenty through all these steps and they were professionals. I'm only stuck now because I'm being asked the account number. I even tried my bank statements but it only said ATT and no numbers. Also, I have no SS # and they did not asked me about it.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Hey Jane697,

I've received great help from ATT agents. If you have all of your account info on you I would reckon that you might use the live chat support. They are awesome.

I'm only stuck because I'm abroad and don't recall my account number info. Can't think of a way to get it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.