Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Need help understanding your bill?
jothum's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, August 14th, 2018 4:31 PM

Unlock Phone

I have an Iphone 7+ and in trying to get it activated on Verizon, it says the phone is still locked by the carrier. I called ATT customer service and they suggested it's still under contract. I have evidence that it is not. Please help!

I will be happy to send you the IMEI, proof of purchase, or whatever else you need as evidence.

Thank you in advance,

Jeff

ACE - Expert

• 

14.4K Messages

6 years ago

@jothum wrote:

I have an Iphone 7+ and in trying to get it activated on Verizon, it says the phone is still locked by the carrier. I called ATT customer service and they suggested it's still under contract. I have evidence that it is not. Please help!

I will be happy to send you the IMEI, proof of purchase, or whatever else you need as evidence.

Thank you in advance,

Jeff

You can use the links provided here: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you, I tried that, and it is suggesting the phone is still under
contract and I can't go any further than that.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.4K Messages

6 years ago

@jothum wrote:

Is the phone completely paid off? If you no longer have AT&T service, has the final bill been paid?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@jothum wrote:

@jothum

Whats the model number of the phone?  The ATT and Tmo versions of the 7 plus have intel chips and wont work on verizon sorry.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you, here is the info from the phone:

SN: FCFTC0Q1HG03

IMEI: I can send you this securely

I am not an ATT subscriber and I don't believe I ever have been.  I was sold this phone by GameStop (have proof of purchase) and was told it was paid off and unlocked for use on Verizon.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

6 years ago

If game stop sold it, return it.   You cannot prove a second hand phone was paid off and you cant pay off someone else’s account and phone. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@jothum wrote:

Thank you, here is the info from the phone:

SN: FCFTC0Q1HG03

IMEI: I can send you this securely

I am not an ATT subscriber and I don't believe I ever have been.  I was sold this phone by GameStop (have proof of purchase) and was told it was paid off and unlocked for use on Verizon.

The phone is 9 months 7 days old there is no way its payed off and traded in at a gamestop...  It will work on verizon but since your not the original owner ATT has no obligation to help you unlock it.

Capture.PNG

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

So, the issue was with GameStop.  They sold an unlocked iphone, that was certainly not unlocked.  I thoroughly appreciate their customer service on this, as it was an immediate and full refund after explaining the situation.  However, the comments in the forum and the passive accusation that I somehow stole the phone, will continue to keep me moving forward as a Verizon customer.  Thanks again.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Ah, so wrong.  I hope you provide better advice to the next needy customer.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.4K Messages

6 years ago

@jothum wrote:

So, the issue was with GameStop.  They sold an unlocked iphone, that was certainly not unlocked.  I thoroughly appreciate their customer service on this, as it was an immediate and full refund after explaining the situation.  However, the comments in the forum and the passive accusation that I somehow stole the phone, will continue to keep me moving forward as a Verizon customer.  Thanks again.

What? Where on earth did you get an accusation that your stole the phone? It seems like you got great advice here: to return the phone to GameStop, which is what worked, right?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.