Need help understanding your bill?
brkpsn's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, June 9th, 2019 3:37 PM

Unlock Device from other countries

I have bought a İphone X s Max from Bestbuy. I used this phone with AT&T prepaid sim card and i closed my prepaid sim card. I turned my country, when i tried to use my own simcard  with this phone, i saw that my phone is locked. I didn't buy my phone with contract. I paid full of it. But all phones sold in Bestbuy are locked. When I try to unlock my phone via AT&T website, it wants my AT&T phone number. But my simcard was prepaid and i have closed it. Because my own old number is different country number, i couldn't unlock my phone. What should i do, or how could you solve this problem?

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

5 years ago

If you bought an AT&T branded phone with a prepaid plan, it is locked to AT&T at least until you’ve had 6 months of service. 

If you had your service that long, you can request an unlock as a former customer. I’m not sure if that site will work from outside the US now. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

You don’t need your old phone number to unlock. Answer “No” to the “Are you unlocking a device that has an active AT&T mobile number?” question. Just FYI, if you used that phone on prepaid less than 6 months, your unlock request will be denied.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I didn't bought with prepaid plan.I didn't want any carrier. I said the shop assistant that i will use this phone at another country. Then he gave me this phone. I paid it without any plan. I paid 1180 $. After i bought phone, i bought prepaid sim card from AT&T office. Prepaid sim card was only a month. I used this phone in US. But when i came back my country, i couldn't use it. When I searched on the internet I saw that all the phones sold NBestbuy are locked. If my phone had prepaid plan, i can wait. But i have paid all the fee.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.