rosj0032's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Tue, Feb 10, 2015 6:26 PM

Unfulfilled rebates

I am a customer and brought on 4 new lines to my account. We went around November to the store located at:

4160 S 3rd St
Jacksonville Beach, Florida 32250

We consulted with Whitney who informed us that if we signed up and traded in our 5 iPhones for 6's and brought in 4 new lines we would receive rebates in the amount of $1400. 

We then went to the competitors to price check to find the best deal. We returned the next day because AT&T had the best deal in our area.

The following day we dealt with Rob, we had the business card with the rebates and options that Whitney had provided the prior day. Rob informed us that that would be possible, Whitney was off that day. We had to wait for the new phones to arrive which would be in approximately 2 weeks.

Once the phones arrived we went to do the switch, trade in the phones and receive our rebates. We arrived around 5:30pm and patiently waited as the staff fumbled around with issues surrounding the new phones until 9:30 pm. The only thing accomplished at this time was the porting of the phones, as it was late they informed us that we should return tomorrow to receive the gift cards.  4hrs time spent waiting.

We returned the following day to receive or gift cards 2 valued at $100 and 1 valued at $400. We were assured by yet a 3rd person that the remaining money would show on the 3rd billing cycle. I waited a month before using the gift cards so I could get an accurate view of what the billing would be. I applied the 2 $100 cards with no problem but the $400 card would not register. I called the line on the back and they informed me that I would need to return to the store to get a replacement because it was not activated. 2hrs time spent waiting.

Back to the store to sort out the issue. After a long wait we were informed by an employee that the card was somehow canceled and that the company that issued them would need to send me a new one within 7 days. 2hrs time spent waiting.

I wait another month because frankly I forgot about it. I reviewed my bill and noticed 4 $100 credits. I thought that possibly they just applied the card to my account. This would be the 3rd billing cycle and I was wondering where the $800 we were told by 3 employees would be applied.

Yesterday we went back to the store to sort this out. Apparently the company had never sent the $400 gift card out and the 4 $100 credits on my bill were all we were going to receive when we were told, by 3 employees, it would be $800. The manager whose name doesn’t come to mind told us sorry there was nothing he could do but they are working on getting the $400 gift card to us. This is unacceptable to me.. I was told something and did not receive it. He provided his District Managers number, Amy. I called her, she told me to text her the information and the card picture front and back and she would call me back within 10 Minutes. I did and she did. I was informed that I would only be provided $400 AT&T credits and she would escalate the $400 card issue. She informed me that she question Rob and he denied the offer he presented us of a $1400 rebate and she would have to ask Whitney if she provided us with a $1400 rebate quote the following day. If she denies it then there is nothing she can do. 2.5hrs time spent waiting.

My problem is this:

We went over offers with 2 employees, Rob and Whitney, with a total of $1400 in rebates and verified the following day by the employee that brandished the gift cards. We reviewed totals and only went with AT&T because with estimated tax and the $1400 in rebates our bill would be below $60 per line monthly roughly $55. The total came to 57.33 which is great. However, they are refusing to credit us with the offer we were quoted at by two people and verified by a third. Amy seems to think I am making this up, and that her employees wouldn't have offered this and all I will be receiving is $1000 in rebates. This is horribly wrong and I would never have agreed to these terms. I have only received $600 in rebates after the 3rd billing cycle and am literally screwed. The way I see it, if AT&T wont honor the pricing I was told, you can have your iPhone 6's back return our older ones repay the money we have overpaid in bills and we can part ways. For a company the claims to be the best in customer service, I have had nothing very negative experience and am being treated horribly. I have spent roughly 10.5 hours in this process and it still isn’t over.

What do I have to do to receive the $1400 in rebates told to me when I signed the "contract".

ACE - Sage

• 

98.5K Messages

Il y a 7 y

I understand the cards for older iPhones as a buy back. But I'm having a problem with the math adding up.
What were the "rebates" for?

I will add that any quote on promotions may be void once the promotion expires. I know there was a promotion for porting lines from other carriers. That promotion ended in November.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Il y a 7 y

I was told by 2 different people prior to purchasing and 1 verified the rebate upon return.

$1400 total

trade in phones 4-4s($100 X 4) + 1-5($200) = $600

porting 4 lines @ $200 each as stated by 3 employees= $800

Total $1400

I received $200 from phone rebates and $400 for porting. I am short $800 as stated when purchased.

Phones ordered/purchased in Nov 2014.

ACE - Sage

• 

98.5K Messages

Il y a 7 y

What was your actual day of porting numbers?
Do you still have the promotional information for $200 for porting each line? This promotion was offered for a limited time and location and was not well advertised. I was able to find the promotion once, it wasn't easy.

As for the phones, the only reason not to get a buyback on a phone is if it had damage. Water damage, which may not be visible on the outside, makes the phone worthless. You should have recieved notice if that were the case.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Il y a 7 y

I'm not sure on day of porting. The Employee was the one that told us about the $200 if we mentioned we saw the add online. I tried to get the information but apparently all that was on the contract was "I agree to pay" and other "legal stuff" with no mention to rebates and pricing. My first new bill was Nov 2014, I want to say we ported around mid November but i am not 100% sure. Regardless, we were informed of the rebate via an employee, returned the next day to purcahse through a different employee who agreed with the terms we cam up with the prior day. Then, the following day, assured again by a third employee that the $800 would show after the 3rd billing cycle. All I want is what was offered.

ACE - Sage

• 

98.5K Messages

Il y a 7 y

Keep digging for the $200 per line offer. ( if I find it I will post link) As I wrote, it was very localized. Another customer had the same problem and once the proof was provided I believe she got the credits.

It is a problem when a promotion is short in duration and not offered in all locations. Especially because 999 of every 1,000 customer service agents will not be aware of the promotion.

ACE - Sage

• 

98.5K Messages

Il y a 7 y

I found it, but I don't think it helps based on the conditions. The offer was for October 2014 and was no longer available by November

http://slickdeals.net/forums/attachment.php?s=f58c8ab50d8419a5706731dac631007d&attachmentid=2961946&d=1413925815

Current Customers: Get $200 in Wireless Bill Credits

Here's how it works:
- Buy a new smartphone online with AT&T Next.
- Activate a new line of wireless service on your new smartphone.
- Keep your account active and in good standing.
- Receive $200 in bill credits within 3 bill cycles. That's a $100 bill credit for choosing AT&T Next and adding a new line, plus another $100 bill credit just for buying online!

* Offer ends October 30, 2014. Available to existing customers in AZ, OH, NY, TX, CA & FL. Requires adding a new qualified line of service on a new smartphone purchased on AT&T Next online. Remain in good standing to receive credit within 3 billing cycles. Other charges and restrictions apply.

Terms and Conditions
$200 Bill Credit offer: ends October 30, 2014. Available for accounts with billing addresses in AZ, OH, NY, TX, CA, and FL. Applies to current customers adding new lines only; excludes upgrades. Consumer accounts only. Must purchase a new smartphone via an AT&T NextSM installment agreement and activate it on a new qualified line of wireless service. $200 reflects $100 promotional bill credit for AT&T Next add-a-line plus $100 bonus bill credit for online AT&T Next add-a-line. Must be active and in good standing for 45 days. Credit received within 3 bill cycles. May not be combinable with other credits, discounts, and offers. AT&T Next: Tax due at sale. If wireless service is canceled, remaining device balance is due. Limit of 4 financed devices per consumer wireless account may apply. Available at select locations only. Visit att.com/next for details. Return and restocking: Restocking fee up to $35 may apply. General Wireless Service Terms: subject to Wireless Customer Agreement. Credit approval required. Coverage and services not available everywhere. Other restrictions apply and may result in service termination. Other monthly charges per line: May include taxes, federal and state universal service charges, Regulatory Cost Recovery Charge (up to $1.25), gross receipts surcharge, Administrative Fee, and other government assessments which are not government-required charges. Offer subject to change and may be discontinued at any time.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Il y a 7 y

Ah yes it is all coming back. I was wearing my batman pajamas, because it is Halloween time, and why not.

That is the offer we signed up for but not given. How do I get this? I am still having the he said she said juvenile conversation with Amy Smith and getting nowhere. It was October when we signed up and November before the phones arrived. I’ve now spent over 16hrs trying to get the deal I was told. Why is AT&T making this so difficult?

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

Il y a 7 y

Hey there @rosj0032

I’m sorry to hear you did not receive the full rebate value quoted by our store representatives! I’d be happy to look into this for you and find where the issue lies in providing what you were offered, and together we can come to a resolution. Can you please send me a Private Message with the following information:

• Full name
  • Email address
  • Cell and/or account number
  • Full details of offered rebates
  • Full values of rebates/credits issued so far, and the dates applied/given

Thanks,

Charise

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Il y a 7 y

You aren't going to be able to do anything. I have talked with the store managers, the district manager, and online support. They are all telling me the same thing. I'm not getting the rebates i was told i was and there is nothing they can do. At this point i have had it and cannot wait for the end of this lie of a contract to be over.

Mmg1964

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Il y a 7 y

I had same issue as below. Offered $200 credit to my bill if we created a new line. I've been waiting since August bill. All reps were nice, said credit was valid but had to wait so many billing cycles. Finally last month said it would be November. Now declining saying line had to be from another carrier. That is not what we were told!!!! It's a lie and bait and switch!!! I'm also being charged more and longer for that line!!! I'm furious and disappointed, been with ATT since 1991!!

Posted Feb 10, 2015
1:26:18 PM View profile rosj0032 Tutor
Unfulfilled rebates
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Feb 10, 2015 at 5:02:22 PM
I am a customer and brought on 4 new lines to my account. We went around November to the store located at:
4160 S 3rd St
Jacksonville Beach, Florida 32250

We consulted with Whitney who informed us that if we signed up and traded in our 5 iPhones for 6's and brought in 4 new lines we would receive rebates in the amount of $1400.

We then went to the competitors to price check to find the best deal. We returned the next day because AT&T had the best deal in our area.

The following day we dealt with Rob, we had the business card with the rebates and options that Whitney had provided the prior day. Rob informed us that that would be possible, Whitney was off that day. We had to wait for the new phones to arrive which would be in approximately 2 weeks.

Once the phones arrived we went to do the switch, trade in the phones and receive our rebates. We arrived around 5:30pm and patiently waited as the staff fumbled around with issues surrounding the new phones until 9:30 pm. The only thing accomplished at this time was the porting of the phones, as it was late they informed us that we should return tomorrow to receive the gift cards. 4hrs time spent waiting.

We returned the following day to receive or gift cards 2 valued at $100 and 1 valued at $400. We were assured by yet a 3rd person that the remaining money would show on the 3rd billing cycle. I waited a month before using the gift cards so I could get an accurate view of what the billing would be. I applied the 2 $100 cards with no problem but the $400 card would not register. I called the line on the back and they informed me that I would need to return to the store to get a replacement because it was not activated. 2hrs time spent waiting.

Back to the store to sort out the issue. After a long wait we were informed by an employee that the card was somehow canceled and that the company that issued them would need to send me a new one within 7 days. 2hrs time spent waiting.

I wait another month because frankly I forgot about it. I reviewed my bill and noticed 4 $100 credits. I thought that possibly they just applied the card to my account. This would be the 3rd billing cycle and I was wondering where the $800 we were told by 3 employees would be applied.

Yesterday we went back to the store to sort this out. Apparently the company had never sent the $400 gift card out and the 4 $100 credits on my bill were all we were going to receive when we were told, by 3 employees, it would be $800. The manager whose name doesn’t come to mind told us sorry there was nothing he could do but they are working on getting the $400 gift card to us. This is unacceptable to me.. I was told something and did not receive it. He provided his District Managers number, Amy. I called her, she told me to text her the information and the card picture front and back and she would call me back within 10 Minutes. I did and she did. I was informed that I would only be provided $400 AT&T credits and she would escalate the $400 card issue. She informed me that she question Rob and he denied the offer he presented us of a $1400 rebate and she would have to ask Whitney if she provided us with a $1400 rebate quote the following day. If she denies it then there is nothing she can do. 2.5hrs time spent waiting.

My problem is this:
We went over offers with 2 employees, Rob and Whitney, with a total of $1400 in rebates and verified the following day by the employee that brandished the gift cards. We reviewed totals and only went with AT&T because with estimated tax and the $1400 in rebates our bill would be below $60 per line monthly roughly $55. The total came to 57.33 which is great. However, they are refusing to credit us with the offer we were quoted at by two people and verified by a third. Amy seems to think I am making this up, and that her employees wouldn't have offered this and all I will be receiving is $1000 in rebates. This is horribly wrong and I would never have agreed to these terms. I have only received $600 in rebates after the 3rd billing cycle and am literally screwed. The way I see it, if AT&T wont honor the pricing I was told, you can have your iPhone 6's back return our older ones repay the money we have overpaid in bills and we can part ways. For a company the claims to be the best in customer service, I have had nothing very negative experience and am being treated horribly. I have spent roughly 10.5 hours in this process and it still isn’t over.

What do I have to do to receive the $1400 in rebates told to me when I signed the "contract".
362 views • 9 replies (0) Me too

ACE - Sage

• 

98.5K Messages

Il y a 7 y

@Mmg1964

Offers change regularly.  They must be followed to the letter.   If you added a line with the purchase of a qualified new phone with Next during the promotional period, please contact @ATTMobilityCare with the information so they can help you.

Mmg1964

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Il y a 7 y

I did everything right under the offer current at the time. I've called, messaged and emailed. Thank you!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Il y a 6 y

You are not alone.  I've been a customer of ATT for over 10 years now and in May I moved my services over from Sprint for my wife and mother in law, so two lines.  At the time, they had an offer for up to 650 dollars buy back from Sprint.  So, we moved two phones over.  

We proceeded to send the Note 5 (at the time valued at over 500 dollars) and my mother in law's iPhone in order to get back what would be a total of aproximately 900 dollars as quoated by our rep.  

I paid both early termination fees for the other two lines and sent both phones and now ATT says that they never received it.  I have tracking numbers and have submitted all documentation and nothing from them and they refuse to acknowlege receipt and refuse to honor their rebates.  

Furthermore, I also switch from my cable to direct TV via United website so that I could get my 25k miles offered through that program and they now say that "the dealer code used was incorrect".  How am I supposed to know what dealer code to use?  I signed up through the United website, that's all they required.  I met all other requirements.

The point here is that ATT simply refuses to honor anything they offer and I will be seeking further advice and if you are intereted on following suit on this with me, feel free to join my cause.  

Someone has to stop them and let them know that is not right to trick people into getting their products and then negate on their offers.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.