Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Need help understanding your bill?
mballetta's profile

• 

5 Messages

Monday, July 11th, 2022 7:35 PM

Un-Authorized/Fraudulent AT&T Wireless Account Opened Using Identity Theft - UPCOMING (Edited per community guidelines) (Edited per community guidelines)

I have been trying since July 01, 2022, to resolve an identity theft case with AT&T Global Fraud.  That department does NOT answer incoming calls, and only replies with auto-responder emails claiming accounts are opened legally.

I have filed three online fraud reports and received zero assistance.  The address listed on the fraudulent account is NOT mine, and I have never lived there nor associated with anyone at that address. 

I am a T-Mobile customer almost 20 years and have NEVER been an AT&T customer, and based on this experience alone, I would rather communication with sticks and stones, rather than get involved with AT&T.

Impostors are using my hijacked name and SSN and AT&T refused to take action.  AT&T is literally allowing identity theft and fraud to continue with my credentials.

I have read some forum complaints from others regarding similar circumstances.  If anyone is interested, please contact me, since my last option is to pursue AT&T in court and sue for damages.  Since there is strength in numbers, please contact me so we can force AT&T to take action. 

Reach me at:   [email scrubbed]

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

similar thing happened to me.  I received a bill from AT&T for a new account (including a new phone) which had been allegedly opened by me.  I have been with Verizon for 30 years.  Filed a fraud complaint with AT&T and received a cursory response from their "fraud department" stating that they had "thoroughly researched this account" and determined it was "not opened fraudulently" and I am "fully responsible" for the account and any charges.  Such Bullsh*t.

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

What is your email? This is happening to me as well.

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

What is your email? This is happening to me as well

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

1 year ago

@Jtehees Don’t bother asking. Posting of email addresses is not allowed.

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same thing happening to me. Submitted all the “required” documentation, filed an FTC complaint, filed an FCC complaint, filed a police report, and am now waiting for response. Can’t get any real person on the phone. The police officer that took my report even went to a local AT&T store and they wouldn’t give him any information at all. If they deem this as a non-fraud account, I’m immediately seeking legal counsel and suing them for everything I can.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

1 year ago

Good lord read your terms of service. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

1 year ago

@Constructive The previous poster is claiming a fraudulent account. How does one agree to the terms of service for a fraudulent account? They don’t. I’m pretty sure the terms of service don’t apply in that case.

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

AT&T has not resolved the identity theft in my husband's name even though all requested information (including a police report) was provided twice.  There is no way to contact AT&T Fraud department directly, and they just say something wasn't was missing (that was absolutely not missing both times) and close the fraud claim.  This is ridiculous, and we will be reporting it to the FCC, if it is not immediately taken care of.  

2 Messages

10 months ago

Has anyone contacted a lawyer yet? I would like to get in on that complaint. The same exact thing is happening to me

Former Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

10 months ago

@Debb_  😂😂😂 read your TOS. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.