Need help understanding your bill?
risharpe's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Sunday, January 10th, 2016 4:22 AM

Unauthorized User

For the last two days, someone was able to add an authorize user to my account.  Two different names.  First day, they upgraded 3 Iphones to my account, and then the second day, two upgrades for Iphones.

The first day, I tried to get ATT to give me access to who or what store the phones were purchased, and they would not release the information.  Then I called Apple and asked them to call me if anything is modified on my account, and Applie stated there's no way they could do that.  So, the next day, my account was changed again.  Two different names I never even heard of that were inserted as authorized users.

Is there a way to contact Apple and put restrictions on my account and is there a way to ensure no one can make any changes without calling me first?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

THIS IS BULL CRAP!! SOMEONE HAS STOLEN MY IDENTITY AND CHARGING THRU MY ITUNES !!! IVE CONTACTED EVERY NUMBER POSSIBLE STARTING WITH 611, and this site says they're open 24/7!!!!!!! I call, AND MIND YOU SOMEONE HAS HACKED MY PHONE , MY ID, MY CREDIT CARD ( even though they are open 24/7 , and it's a LIE!!!!!! Nobody is there to help me in the FRAUD DEPT.,!!!!!)!!!! SOMEONE IS USING ALL MY INFO !!!! THERE IS A RECORDING AND PUSH NUMBER 2 I believe after asking me my number , then WHY IM CALLING I SAY FRAUD RECORDING SAYS NOBODY IS THERE CALL BK IN MORNING!! HOW MUCH MORE WILL MY ACCT BE CHARED??!!!! VEGASVAN123

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Hmmmmmmmmm

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

6 years ago

Thank You sooo much for your reply, but must importantly for your stand.
Unfortunately, ATT did not want to acknowledge it's a company's problem,
just an individual user's problem. It's a reflection of where our country
is, don't acknowledge wrong doing, as long as company or whoever is in
charge including our country is getting something out of it. People like
us, will eventually see change for the better. Thanks again!!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I know it's old threat, but I have same problems. Someone added himself as my authorized user and change billing address. I changed passcode, password, and everything after first incident. Still, he/she was added to my account as authorized user without my knowledge again for second time. I got email right away after each change, but it's so frustrated that someone can just do this anytime to my account. What stop him from doing it again? He did it after I changed to new passcode and password. ATT can't do anything beside telling me to change password and passcode.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

someone canceled all my phone numbers and tablets and left only one working number on my account.  I spent 2 hours in the ATT store and nothing.  When customer serviced transferred me to the fraud department I was disconnected.  If I have to give a passcode and my DL for ATT to access MY account how the heck did someone take over my account without my authorization?  Calling fraud department tomorrow.  Been an ATT customer for 30 years. NO MORE.  I. am. done.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

4 years ago

@Andre_2019 wrote:

someone canceled all my phone numbers and tablets and left only one working number on my account.  I spent 2 hours in the ATT store and nothing.  When customer serviced transferred me to the fraud department I was disconnected.  If I have to give a passcode and my DL for ATT to access MY account how the heck did someone take over my account without my authorization?  Calling fraud department tomorrow.  Been an ATT customer for 30 years. NO MORE.  I. am. done.

It's not really a situation for the fraud department. The activity was unauthorized, but not fraudulent. 

First, make sure you have changed your passcode and password. Next, call customer service and find out what you must do to reactivate the canceled phone numbers. 

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

The issue is changes being made without any email notifications or alerts. Once I made sure this was enabled I have not had any issues. In my case it was fraud. No idea how they were able to get my personal codes, but it happens, and without any change notifications it will continue to happen on those accounts that are not setup properly.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Yes AT&T is fixing it. They verified it was fraud. Changing all passwords.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.