Help for account, billing & more
polagrand's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Mar 15, 2018 4:08 PM

Unauthorized Hard Credit Pull On My Credit Report

I was comparison shopping for new service yesterday (3/15/18) and encountered a BOGO offer on an iphone x 64gb.  In order to see if the offer would be applied to the quote, I was REQUIRED to move past the initial section of the shopping cart by entering my SSN, etc.  Before entering the information, I had a chat session with their online support in which I was told that a soft pull only would occur on my credit.  Today, I get an alert from my credit monitoring service that I had a new HARD inquiry on my Equifax credit report (and who knows where else) from who else...AT&T.  I saved my chat session indicating an official communication from AT&T that this would be a soft pull only.  This is a pretty poor method in trying to obtain new customers. If AT&T doesn't resolved this in short order by removing this from my credit report, they certainly won't be receiving my business or my company's business EVER.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

57.8K Messages

4 y ago

This is a customer to customer forum, not customer support. Posting here won’t get the hard pull removed. Besides, I’m pretty sure the chat rep was just plain wrong. You basically applied for a new account which requires a hard credit check. There had to be something on the website you agreed to.

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

11.5K Messages

4 y ago

@polagrand wrote:

I was comparison shopping for new service yesterday (3/15/18) and encountered a BOGO offer on an iphone x 64gb.  In order to see if the offer would be applied to the quote, I was REQUIRED to move past the initial section of the shopping cart by entering my SSN, etc.  Before entering the information, I had a chat session with their online support in which I was told that a soft pull only would occur on my credit.  Today, I get an alert from my credit monitoring service that I had a new HARD inquiry on my Equifax credit report (and who knows where else) from who else...AT&T.  I saved my chat session indicating an official communication from AT&T that this would be a soft pull only.  This is a pretty poor method in trying to obtain new customers. If AT&T doesn't resolved this in short order by removing this from my credit report, they certainly won't be receiving my business or my company's business EVER.

You agreed to a credit check. See the highlighted portion of the image. 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.